Thread: Is there a way to make a video clearer?

Default Is there a way to make a video clearer?

Anyone know how to edit this video to make it clearer? Or what program I can use?

YouTube - Half-Life 2 Episode two (DirectX problem Fix)

Sorry but I couldn't sit through more than the first 30 seconds. Is it like that all the way through? might be personal taste but that choice of music si the best excuse I;ve ever had for NOT watching a video clip. Sorry.

the clip look slike it;s trying to be some sort fo video tutorial but has crappy music rather than a vopice over explaining anythying. I must be missing something.

Anyways, on to the question....

To make that better you basically need to do either of two things. Zoom in on specific areas of interest as you record your screen. The alternative is to record it at a much higher resolution. but as that's not doable for yourtube (is it?) then I would go with zooming.

Vid tutorial I watch tend to run at least 800x600 so you can really see what's going on.

Yea I agree the music is horrible. And he didn't include any instructions on what he is doing. Its a pretty terrible tutorial. So how do you do the zoom. And what video editing programs should use?

My real point is that the screen has been captured at 800x600 resolution, say, and the final video has been produced at a much smaller size for uploading to YouTube. So it's not really a case of zooming that is needed but more a case of don;t reduce in the first place.

If all you have is the youTube res video and want to make it clearer then I seriously do not think you will manage it at all. You cannot invent detail where it doesn;t exist. You need to go back to the original source and simply not reduce it.

Thanks for the information. I would get the source but this guy won't provide anything better.Or even explain whats going on in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by jxsilicon9 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I would get the source but this guy won't provide anything better.Or even explain whats going on in the video.
    Then he's a twat!

It's a tutorial. The purpose of these is to be helpful to others. He's clearly not. What I don't understand though is that you must have some idea what he's trying to achieve withthe tutorial otherwise you wouldn't be interested in it.

Yes I know what he is trying to achieve. But I don't know how he did it.