Thread: adding tracks to a recording

Question adding tracks to a recording

hi all,

i am new to the forum and hope you can help. that is why i am here after all

i have made a recording on a HVR-Z1E, in HDV, and downconverted it to DV through the firewire into my PC.

i then edited the footage and recorded it back to tape, but then decided to add channel 3 and 4 audio to it.

it plays back fine in the camera but as soon as i transfer it back to my PC, my additional audio is gone.

what am i doing wrong? the downconvert is switched off, i tried it with it on and off, same result

any help would be much appreciated. thank you!

Western Europe

What editing software are you using? I would normally add all the audio tracks during the edit, whether it's three audio tracks or twenty audio tracks and not have any problems playing them all back, albeit in a mix. Or are you looking to able to choose which audio tracks to playback? I don't use Adobe Audition but you may be able to select audio tracks in that software, other forum members will know if that can be done or not.

thanks for the reply. am using sony vegas but i cant seem to get the 2 added channels into the computer. how many audio channels does firewire transport or will it do as many as are there?