Thread: Premier Pro & After Effects Question

1. Default Premier Pro & After Effects Question

I have a strange one,

I have created a dynamic link between Premier Pro & After Effects & the completed effect is on my Premier Pro timeline, at the very end of the video (as it happens)
    The segment of after effects video is on video track track 2 & is purple/pink denoting it's an After Effects segment.

When I make movie on the the completed project however the After Effects segment does not get included & my video stops beg=fore the after effects segment?

The Make Movie - Entire Sequence is checked.

However if I put the After Effects segment onto it's own sequence & make movie that way it does it, so anyone any ideas why it doesn't do it on my main timeline?

Not quite sure why it's doing that...make sure that your work area bar which is just above the timeline includes that final piece of video although it should do by default.

Can you try just importing the AE file without creating a dynamic link. You'll have to render it in AE as an .avi to do this but that will definately fix the problem.

Or how about creating the first part of the movie, then creating the last part seperately as you said that worked and then importing them back into Premiere Pro to join them up.
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

3. Default

Strange one init?

Yes my work area bar covers the entire time line footage but as said anyway, I made sure entire sequence was checked.

As you said I have indeed created the footage separately & then once rendered as a movie added it back in, just a bit of a long winded way around thus was hoping someone might know why???

Quote Originally Posted by simonwilliams View Post
    Strange one init?

Yes my work area bar covers the entire time line footage but as said anyway, I made sure entire sequence was checked.

As you said I have indeed created the footage separately & then once rendered as a movie added it back in, just a bit of a long winded way around thus was hoping someone might know why???
    production studio 1 I'll wager. integration is a bit better in CS3 and no dobt we can expect better again for CS4.

I use PS1 and Imust confess that that only dynamic link I use regularly is to edit my Encore menus in Photoshop. Unless it is a simple sequence you would be better off rendering to alossless format from Aftre effects and importing that as a video asset back into Premiere. Always easier.