Thread: Vegas 6---All my clips turned White!!! ;(

Default Vegas 6---All my clips turned White!!! ;(

So i'm desperate for HELP. i looked through this forum, but didn't find my problem.
    i was editing a video, and all of a sudden all my video clips turned white. but when i click on them and play them, i see video and hear audio just fine. but only when i click on them to play them. it's really weird actually.
    but i can't get it to show the pictures in video clips so i know where i'm at initally, you know? this is making it VERY hard to make a video. i can't seem to fix it!! if anyone knows how to help PLEASE PLEASE respond!!!!
    Thanks to everyone in advance!!!

stacia

The clips normally change to a single colour if the clips go off-line, there is a setting in properties that releases the the media if it loses focus, check that so it does not, also check the media is not going offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    i was editing a video, and all of a sudden all my video clips turned white. but when i click on them and play them, i see video and hear audio just fine. but only when i click on them to play them. it's really weird actually.
    This doesn't sound like the media is offline. If it was, would it play?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacia View Post
    but i can't get it to show the pictures in video clips so i know where i'm at initally, you know?
    If you can't see the "pictures/animations" of the media, within the Event on the Timeline, then to me this indicates you have the Wave forms & Frames turned off.

I don't have V6 re-installed, but I seem to remeber it is under: Options > Preferences . . .

If you can, as you say, hear and see a Preview of your work, this doesn't appear to be that your work is off-line. If you go to the Media Pool (V6? Yes?) do you see any messages saying this or that the Media is Greyed-out?

Even in VegasPro8, if I turn off frames I get "white" Events showing on the Timeline.

Grazie
    Last edited by Grazie; 06-15-2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Needed to add my experience of White frames!!!