Thread: Maybe something different

Default Maybe something different

Hi all,

Stopped by here to see what i needed to edit footage from my new Cannon HD. Think I've found what I need, thanks. Also found this section,and have been watching some of these vids.

Here's a few vids from a hobby my boy and I have. Used these type of vids to bring others into our sport. Works well even if I don't have the skills some of you have.

I quite enjoyed your first video, good combination of clips and music and cutting to specific beats. Maybe the still pictures were overused, I would have preferred interviews with some of the participants or showing them working on their cars and setting up on the day; that would have produced a stronger narrative and drawn the audience in. Reaction shots from those watching could have replaced some of the similar scenes of the cars going around the track. More shots of yourself or your son should have been included too. You need a stronger title sequence at the end showing your own name (don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet) and the name of the venue where it took place. And great looking cars by the way.
    Last edited by Nikosony; 06-14-2008 at 03:12 PM.

Hi there.
    I watched the first video and thought it was pretty good! You've certainly captured the energy (and testosterone aspect, lol!) with both the music and the footage.
    My young son would be drooling watching that
    I thought you had a good variation of shots - perhaps a "little" too much of the cars going round the track, but it was a fairly longish clip. As Nickosony suggested maybe a few more shots of the audience reaction, even drawing in a little closer to a close shot of peoples faces as they are deep in concentration while operating these cars?
    I don't get the significance of the red shoes at the end. Maybe I'm dim? From my feminine perspective they were intruiging anyway. Look kinda like Dorothy's shoes from the wizard of Oz.

Yeah what was the significance of the red shoes at the end?

Our track is known as OZ speedway,and our local boys the Flying Monkey Group. So you are correct in saying Dorthy's ruby reds. They were the grand prize at our biggest event.

I built this facility for our locals to play,but it turned out to be one of the fastest in the nation. Actually went national in the 1st 6 months. We had drivers from South Dakota to deep Texas,some pros. Yes, there are actually pro (sponsored team drivers) in this sport. The Rubby reds were an idea of a traveling trophy that would be reclaimed at future races,and brought back to OZ. LOL

Heres a vid of that event. Poor intro,weak ending,but the footage is decent. Was meant to show the intensity of the track at the speeds ran there, 50+ mph in the straights running inches apart. The guys love to see their cars on the track,so yes i do tend to over do the roundy-round shots for the publics viewing.

BTW, the footage used is filmed by whoever has a chance to grab a camera,as I rarely have the time running the races. I then gather the footage afterwards and try to find enough to edit. This has sorta become another hobby for me now,lol, like i need another.

Thanks for the tips, i agree with you. It's always learning experience,and much fun to do. I'd like to take more time than 4-5 hrs to make a good vid sometime.