Thread: Help - Will Pay

Default Help - Will Pay

Hi,

So I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 I just bought a camcorder and when I drag and drop the file into Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 I have no sound it's a .MPG file.

Now, I put the ad2ac3dec.dll file from ENCORE into the root directory of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 now, it can see the audio but when I hit play I don't here any audio..

Now, for whatever reason Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 wont play any sound.. from anything... Willing to pay via paypal if you can help me fix this!

Can anyone help me ?

-Matt

2. Default

OK, have to get the basics out of the way...

When you play the video footage in anything else, (videolan, media player, etc.) do you hear sound?

Now, I put the ad2ac3dec.dll file from ENCORE into the root directory of Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 now, it can see the audio but when I hit play I don't here any audio..
    Gotta be honest & say I haven't a clue as to what you are talking about here? Why are you copying files from encore to Premier to get sound??? Tell me more please?

Can you try importing the files as .avi files...even if this means re-capturing them. Did you capture in .mpeg format?!
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

The MPEG file may have an AC3 audio embedded and the program may not play that, you may need to convert the sound to PCM or WAV for it to work, try SUPER C it converts any old tat to any other tat tat.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post
    Hi,

So I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 I just bought a camcorder and when I drag and drop the file into Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 I have no sound it's a .MPG file.
    Respectfully, this is your biggest problem here. You have a camcorder that records in MPEG. you have some really decent s/w there in CS3 but have left yoursefl very very limited in what you can do with it by having that camcorder. The output of a camcorder like that is NOT designed to be editted.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC View Post

Now, for whatever reason Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 wont play any sound.. from anything... Willing to pay via paypal if you can help me fix this!

Can anyone help me ?

-Matt
    You shold very much NOT be copying files from one install to another. If Premiere needed it then it would be part of it's own install. What you are missing is the right codec for the filetype you have chosen to edit.

get on to the manufactureres and ask them what codec you need.

6. Default

Can you let us know if you can play back your camera footage in any other program & do you get sound that way?

If so, then the best thing to do would be to convert the footage to .avi.

There are many many programs out their that do this, I for one use VirtualDub Mpeg but it's not the most user friendly & converting from mpeg to .avi your gonna need to know what codecs to use so it's can be complicated, but hey if you wanna get into video editing then it's summink you'll need to learn

But for now, does the footage play sound in other programs, how about trying windows movie maker?