Thread: just bought a sony dcr sr50e, help please

Default just bought a sony dcr sr50e, help please

Hi, great website you have here,

im pretty new to video cams and just bought this sony sr50e of a friend cheaply, seems a nice little camera but hope to upgrade sometime. im wondering what kind of software is good for editing videos ive created? i want something pretty easy where i can add effects blah blah, i will move onto the harder programs when im not a newbie,

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

rich

That's a Mini DV camcorder which takes a small tape. It is connected to your computer using a Firewire connection. You can easily transfer video to the computer using Windows Movie Maker which is on your computer already. It is very basic but will give you an insight into the type of editing you can do.

you sure because on the camera it says 30gb HDD.

Sorry my mistake it is indeed a hard disk model, I must have confused it with their Mini DV cams as some of them also have dcr letters in the model number. Anyway, download a free 30 day trial of Sony Vegas Platinum as this software works best with the type of video files your camcorder produces.

Richn, how long does the camera stay in standby mode? Im thinking of getting the sony sr35e I want it almost as security camera can you connect it straight to a tv? In standby or record mode?

Default Seek information about XRumer 5.0

Hi boys
    Anybody can give me link to the XRumer's homepage?
    Or maybe some information...

Thank you very much!!!

P.S. Вот уроды...

Quote Originally Posted by tommycomm View Post
    Richn, how long does the camera stay in standby mode? Im thinking of getting the sony sr35e I want it almost as security camera can you connect it straight to a tv? In standby or record mode?
    Usually the standby function can be disabled in the cameras menu, or if you use the charger/mains power it's automatically disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by richn View Post

im pretty new to video cams and just bought this sony sr50e of a friend cheaply, seems a nice little camera but hope to upgrade sometime. im wondering what kind of software is good for editing videos ive created? i want something pretty easy where i can add effects blah blah, i will move onto the harder programs when im not a newbie,

thanks

rich
    hi Rich

I've got the same camera sony dcr-sr50e and also a newbie to editing. My first attempts were through windows movie maker then burning to dvd all through vista. Quality of dvd suffered specifically on the pans (hooking camcorder straight to tv and watching same but unedited footage was very smooth- so it wasnt shaky hand syndrome or panning too fast). Last week I downloaded free trial of Vegas movie studio 9 (now 9b) which has dramatically improved the quality of edited footage once burnt to dvd. Note when using version 9 I had the problem of no audio when importing but 9b solved that.

I am also going to try the free download of the platinum one Nikosony mentioned in his reply to you. Its not much more if/when you decide to buy it, its a question of whether you need the extras (mind you it may produce even better quality so thats worth it). On the sonycreativesoftware website you can click on the 'vegas family comparison' to show you the differences. Its a shame you cant import straight into vegas from the camera's harddrive, especially as its possible from the sony dvd handycams.

Quote Originally Posted by richn View Post

thanks

rich
    hi Rich

I've got the same camera sony dcr-sr50e and also a newbie to editing. My first attempts were through windows movie maker then burning to dvd all through vista. Quality of dvd suffered specifically on the pans (hooking camcorder straight to tv and watching same but unedited footage was very smooth- so it wasnt shaky hand syndrome or panning too fast). Last week I downloaded free trial of Vegas movie studio 9 (now 9b) which has dramatically improved the quality of edited footage once burnt to dvd. Note when using version 9 I had the problem of no audio when importing but 9b solved that.

I am also going to try the free download of the platinum one Nikosony mentioned in his reply to you. Its not much more if/when you decide to buy it, its a question of whether you need the extras (mind you it may produce even better quality so thats worth it). On the sonycreativesoftware website you can click on the 'vegas family comparison' to show you the differences. Its a shame you cant import straight into vegas from the camera's harddrive, especially as its possible from the sony dvd handycams.