Thread: Video Logos

Blog Entries

Default Video Logos

Do you guys have video logos? You know, the little snippet at the front of the video to say it was made by you? (I'll edit this post when someone tells me the proper name!)

If so, post it in this thread to share!

The first 19 seconds of my previous competition entry.

See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan_mills/WestHamNil.wmv

Possibly a little long to be ideal but I was having fun making it so.....

Millsy: excellent (but why West ham Nil?) There's a typo (presesents) that you might want to fix... All done with Premiere? Cheers, Ian
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian in Northampton
    Millsy: excellent
    Cheers
    (but why West ham Nil?)
    The entire movie was centred around the 'invisible Predator' effect I wanted to have a play at. We've had two predators movies so number 3 became the next choice. I just made a joke of the 'predator 3' bit as though it was the start of a football score. i.e. Predator 3 West Ham 0. Had to pick a team for the title and a certain Video Forums web master we both know support West Ham so....

There's a typo (presesents) that you might want to fix...
    I know about the typo. You're the first person on the forums to mention it though. Please give yourself a pat on the back. It's fixed in my master copy.

All done with Premiere?
    Not quite. The rotoscoping was done frame by frame in Photoshop. It took all week. A couple of short effects clips needed rendering but the majority of it was all real-time on my RT.X100 in Premiere Pro 1. i.e. take the 'plasma ball projectile'. I had to render and export a five second clip of animated lightning from Premiere. Re-import. then wrap around a sphere and animate with colourizations etc all in realtime.

The intro part though was all real-time except a tiny little 'shine' at the end.

Needless to say. I love my realtime effects. Good old Matrox.

Blog Entries

On the subject of using photoshop, I thought it would be "cool" to do a colour pass on the bride and groom (in a "confettis shot" as a video interlude between menus). Got bored after doing the first frame. So kudos for you patience there.

May have a stab at doing it again if I can't find any paint to watch dry.

Dammit, you're good - there's stuff there I can only marvel at. Perhaps when the kids leave home... Re: the mighty Hammers (hah!): I had no idea that he and I shared a common affliction. No-one deserves to have to put up with what we have to put up with (BROWN OUT!) Reminds me, though, of someone who thought that the football team was called 'Hartlepool Nil' because that was all he ever heard the results announcer say... Cheers, Ian.
    Premiere Pro, Encore, Photoshop, Ulead VS6, WXP Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2GB, 2 x 250GB SATA3 drives, 2 x 250GB USB 2 external drive, DVD writer, GeForce 7300 GS 256MB

The biggest fool can ask questions that the wisest man cannot answer...