Thread: Help with Incorrect Picture Alignment With Easycap DC60

Exclamation Help with Incorrect Picture Alignment With Easycap DC60

Could someone help me out with this little problem I have in altering picture alignment settings.

Whats happend is whenever I use the Easycap DC60 video capture hardware from the PC to the TV, it works ok but the biggest flaw is that the screen on the PC cuts off the bottom right part of the screen that is displayed on the TV. However before I installed the Graphics Card into the PC, I used to get the whole picture.

This is an example of the full picture taken from my mobile phone.

And here's an example of a screencap, (Notice the extra black border to the left)

Also comparing the pictures, the bottom right sides of the pictures have been cut off for some reason.

I have tried a number of things to try and fix this, I can't seem to find an option to change this embedded in the software that came with the DC60. So I tried installing and uninstalling, that hasn't fixed the problem. Tried updated patches of the DC60, not worked. I then tried updating the graphics card, that fixed it a little bit but the picture alignment is still wrong. I have also tried looking on various websites but seem to be getting nowhere because I can't find anyone else with the same problem. Though it's not just my PC, my friends PC did the same also.

Here are my computer stats

Manufacturer: Q-Tech
    Bios: Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 PG
    CPU: Intel Celeron 2.20Ghz Socket 478 mPGA
    RAM: 2.0Gb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon Pro 9250 (PCI Card) (Will buy AGP Card soon)
    USB Easycap DC60 Syntek Stk1160

Here are my TV Stats

Manufacturer: Dual
    Format: PAL

TV to easycap connected by yellow CVBS cord (S-Video displays B/W Picture)

I'd be really greatful if someone could point me in the right direction and see where I've gone wrong and how this problem can be resolved and to try and get a full picture on the PC.

Smile Problem Solved

I managed to solve this problem. It was the one thing I didn't do all this time. I had to change the screen size to 720x588 making it suitable for PAL viewing and before it was set to 640x480 which is NTSC. With the 720x588 screen setting, the easycap DC60 captures the whole picture now so I'm really glad about that.

The only problem I have now is changing this in Windows Explorer if possible but this isn't essential since the softwares I have can view the full picture anyway.