Thread: Vegas Studio 8 audio issue.

Default Vegas Studio 8 audio issue.

Hello everyone!

I have a question for the people who are experts or seasoned with Vegas Movie Studio 8.

I am able to capture the video and audio just fine using the Sony Video Capture 6.0 tool. I can also watch the captured video fine with full audio from within that tool.

My problem is that when I move/import the capture video from the tool to the Project Media portion of the main Vegas Studio 8, the audio somehow doesn't go along with it. When I play the video I all I hear are "ticks" in about 1 second intervals. This happens to each video I try to import from the capture tool. I know there has to be audio somewhere because I can listen to it while viewing in the capture tool with my camera completely disconnected and on the properties of the video it claims that it does in fact include 16-bit stereo uncompressed audio.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

I'm disappointed that I didn't get a response, although I managed to get around the problem nonetheless.

Instead of capturing with Vegas, I used WinDV through Firewire and then just imported the .avi to Vegas for editing. It still stinks that Vegas is unable to captuer the audio correctly.

Blog Entries

It can, but since you are so rude i shant tell how - so there!

Give it time boy, only one post and that starts with a question.

I always use Scenalyzer my self find it easier

Don't use the that program have V8 pro and that captures OK, try the Sony news group the problem may already be solved on there, or do a search and see if anyone has the same problem here.

It can, but since you are so rude i shant tell how
    I hardly feel that saying that I'm disappointed is rude, but purposely withholding help is without a doubt. Thanks anyway.

I always use Scenalyzer my self find it easier
    Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of Scenalyzer. What do you not like about WinDV? I've read on other forums that it's the best out there for capturing video, especially video with dropped frames...?