Thread: Does anyone know about DV-in enabling or widgets??

Default Does anyone know about DV-in enabling or widgets??

I stumbled across some webstuff that said a DV-in camcorder in Europe was subject to higher import duty. Most DV camcorders are capable of DV-in and DV-out, but to keep prices down, manufacturers disable DV-in.

I've seen some pages that offer 'widgets' (simple devices that reconfigure the camcorder to enable DV-in) or simple codes and instructions but cannot find anything for my camcorder.

I have a Canon MV600, does anyone know whether it is possible to enable DV-in? Does anyone know more about the subject? Does anyone know what I'm on about?
    AMD Sempron 2500, 1gb RAM, 120gb and 80gb hard drives. All editing done on Magix Movie Edit Pro 2004.

I've had a look around and it looks like you're out of luck I'm afraid. Seems they all quote the same set of cameras and you model isn;t one of them. sorry.

Blog Entries

Just had a dig around google. Seems development was stopped on dv-in widgets, so u can only get them for older cams. Someone feel free to correct me!!!