Thread: Gurriella Warfare Tutor - Video Lesson 1

Post Gurriella Warfare Tutor - Video Lesson 1

Gurriella Warfare Tutor - Video Lesson 1 - Raid on Camp

I have uploaded my first video here:

( mod note - link removed pending consideration )

Please see and let me know how to enhance in future?
    Last edited by Mark W; 06-10-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Looks like propaganda for your cause. If it is, it has no place on these forums

Blog Entries

Hmm.. I hate to be a serious moderator but I am assuming that was genuine video? It appears to celebrate some chap getting killed with little context or discussion - merely propaganda. If so I am personally not that happy fot it to be posted on the site.

I have removed the link and will defer to the consideration of the other mods.

Blog Entries

I saw the film before the link was removed and agree with the decision to remove it.

For info, it claimed to show footage of an Indian sentry post coming under gunshot and artillery attack. It was poorly shot, only barely understandable and the information was gained through titles. The camcorder was in undergrowth and the footage mainly consisted of unsharp pictures, wobblycam and blur. The commentary was all in Arabic, so I have no idea what was being said.

This, going on the titles and text, seemed to be "celebrating" the death of an Indian soldier (although the footage doesn't show this, only a few puffs of smoke on a mud wall which could even be a model) and, as such, does not belong on this site which is for criticism of videomaking techniques. However, in case I'm wrong...

My critique: The sound was awful and distorted. The voice-over was distorted, the music (chanting) also poorly recorded. The pictures were either unsharp or unstable and we didn't see what was actually going on. The subtitles only seemed to translate some of the vocals and were almost impossible to read. For the few seconds when some kind of action was taking place, all we saw were leaves and grass.

In other words: a waste of time and bandwidth.

Blog Entries

After a quick conflab it has been decided that this video is innapropriate for this site as it appears to show and celebrate killing.

If we have misunderstood then the OP is more then welcome to comment here or privately to myself.

Mark.

Mark, I think you've made the right call. I too saw the video, and think removing it is definitely the way to go. Wasn't worth watching anyway.

Kind of reminded me of my wedding video,.. the guy who filmed it, hit Record when he thought he was hitting Pause, so we have a whole video full of shaky, blurry floor whizzing past, indistinct chatter, clunking, and feet. But at least that is a little more interesting than this one was. Good call.

Blog Entries

Ha - thanks. I hope no one got shot at your weeding tho!

No, no one got shot,.. though it was the day my life ended. Kidding,.. LOL!!!