Thread: 3hr project (wedding video)

Default 3hr project (wedding video)

Is it best to split it into 2 and present it as a 2-part DVD? I don't want my system to hang due to the size of the project!

Will it fit on a single DVD is the question. Your system should be able to render a 3 hour project. What's your PC specs and DVD authoring software? My little laptop has done a 6 hour project render before and the only reason I didn't put it onto a single DVD is because it would fit!!
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

Win XP, 3gb RAM, Dual core AMD processor, gforce 8800 GT. Im using an external 1TB hard drive to capture video (7200 RPM). What you reckon? I can always use the 8GB DVD's. I will be using Adobe Encore (if you know any better authoring software, pls recommend!).

I love Encore to bits so I'd stick with that if you are confident enough with it. I wouldn't think from your PC's specs that you'd have a problem when rendering. As I said my laptop only has 2GB (1GB when I did that project I mentioned!) and it's running Vista (:P) so you should be fine. if you want to be extra careful then there's no harm in cleaning up your PC and running a defrag to make sure everything is nice and neat when it comes to the moment you're about to press "begin". Is your external drive USB or Firewire?
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

Your system should be able to cope with 3 hours, mine (Vegas pro) has handled over 8 hours with a bit of puffing.

Th problem Will be getting the three hours onto a DVD, the quality will be much reduced (assuming a 4.7gb) I would split the project at a convenient place and make 2, 1h.30m disk to keep the bit rate up and the quality high. Juts fate to or have and end action on the DVD to go to a menu that says no insert disk two to continue.