Thread: My issues with Windows Movie Maker

1. Arrow My issues with Windows Movie Maker

Having issues to understand Windows Movie Maker in certain areas..so Sony Vegas here i cum!

Anyway..my problem will probably be fairly easy for you editing veterans to solve,
    I wanna lay another audio track into the allready added audio track, overlapping it at the same time, but as there only is one audio/music slot totally the only option becomes to place secondary audios either just before ore after the previolsy added audio, i want it in it!

can it be done?

(The topic is based on the fact that i will have moore issues with this program, moore question may rise)
    Last edited by Kloppstock; 06-05-2008 at 08:59 PM.

If you need extra audio tracks then download a 30 day trial of some of the popular video editors listed here on the forum, try before you buy, and see which one you like best. With more audio tracks you can position your extra audio where ever you like and use fade in and fade out effects to make the video sound more professional.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    If you need extra audio tracks then download a 30 day trial of some of the popular video editors listed here on the forum, try before you buy, and see which one you like best. With more audio tracks you can position your extra audio where ever you like and use fade in and fade out effects to make the video sound more professional.
    Shall i take this as its impossible to overlay extra tracks in WMM?

my intention is not to pay for audio/video editing..is there some other free softs thath have extra tracks instead then, Audacity?

Your options will be quite limited if you don't wish to pay, as far as I know Adobe Premiere Elements 4 costs about 70 and that includes all you need for editing. If you want to try free, have a look at the thread I started in Forum Announcements called Free Stuff and see if there is anything in there that might be of benefit to you. Yes, you could mix all your audio in Audacity, but what if you want to line particular sounds up with scenes in your video, splitting the audio and video won't give you the control you need when it comes to lining everything up.