Thread: Anyone interested in real-time jpeg2000 software encoder for HD video?

Default Anyone interested in real-time jpeg2000 software encoder for HD video?

We have achieved 25 frame-per-second performance for 1920x1080 resolution, 4:2:2, 8-bit video, for both lossless and lossy encoding.

We used a quite-cheap PC platform, costing only around 1.6K USD (not including display device), based on Intel q6600 and Nvidia 9800 GX2.

Current platform is MS Windows. However, porting to Linux is an easy task, according to your requirements. Also, the performance can be improved with upgraded configuration (e.g. 3K USD for 4:4:4 10-bit video real-time encoding).

For any further cooperation ideas and questions/comments, feel free to contact us (hui.zhang@thomson.net).

Quote Originally Posted by svd2cn View Post
    We have achieved 25 frame-per-second performance for 1920x1080 resolution, 4:2:2, 8-bit video, for both lossless and lossy encoding.

We used a quite-cheap PC platform, costing only around 1.6K USD (not including display device), based on Intel q6600 and Nvidia 9800 GX2.

Current platform is MS Windows. However, porting to Linux is an easy task, according to your requirements. Also, the performance can be improved with upgraded configuration (e.g. 3K USD for 4:4:4 10-bit video real-time encoding).

For any further cooperation ideas and questions/comments, feel free to contact us (hui.zhang@thomson.net).
    Hi

What software do you have? The performance sounds good.

All the best

rbl

Who uses jpeg2000? As far as I can remember that's a still image format, what use would have in video production? Also, both of you are first time posters and your posts are suspicious.

Digital Cinema has adopted JPEG2000!!! But it is also very good if you want to extract still images from a JPEG2000 video stream. I may be new to the forum but I'm not new to industrial imaging.

So my question still stands to SVD2CN. What software are you using?

Cheers

RBL

we use a software internally developed. we are collecting potential customers and then possibly customize and release it.

If you could discuss your application scenario and requirements about jpeg2000 encoding, it will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Can you bring me more details?

.- Video Input/output format
    .- processing latency.

Regards...

Quote Originally Posted by svd2cn View Post

Performance is so good,how did it ? do you give detail please.....