Thread: Pls help, this is stressing me out...

Default Pls help, this is stressing me out...

I have been capturing footage all day from my XL2 with no problems...a few minutes ago, while capturing, the footage playback is fast in premier pro cs3 but audio remains the same...the footage plays normally on my XL2 LCD screen...but I noticed whilst capturing...someone please help me out. I have recorded the footage in 50i, 4:3.

I have now reverted back to my old machine which has Windows XP...and am having no problems with capturing. So much for Vista!

Codecs? What pack have you got installed? I use ffdshow
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBassist View Post
    Codecs? What pack have you got installed? I use ffdshow
    So is it a codec problem then? Thing is, capturing was fine at first, then all of a sudden the videos started playing fast forward....even in Windows Media player. Im not sure what codec pack I have installed, where can I check this? I was on the phone for 3HRS with dell support based in India (the guy had control of my machine)...he tried k-lite codec pack but to no avail....then eventually went through re-installation of the operating system...still the problem persisted.

Hmm...I remember capturing a couple of miniDV tapes into VideoStudio 10 and having the same problem. Capture seemed fine but then all hell breaks loose and the file seems to be playing 10x speed. The audio is still running normal right? I'm sorry to say that I never "found" the solution but just recaptured and I'm pretty sure it was fine then. Have you still got the Vista machine running? Try using the built in video capturing tool and see if you get the same problem then at least we can rule out the a software / OS problem.
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBassist View Post
    Hmm...I remember capturing a couple of miniDV tapes into VideoStudio 10 and having the same problem. Capture seemed fine but then all hell breaks loose and the file seems to be playing 10x speed. The audio is still running normal right? I'm sorry to say that I never "found" the solution but just recaptured and I'm pretty sure it was fine then. Have you still got the Vista machine running? Try using the built in video capturing tool and see if you get the same problem then at least we can rule out the a software / OS problem.
    Thats correct, it is fine when using the built in capture software...strange.