Thread: Fonts gone after windows re-install

Exclamation Fonts gone after windows re-install

Version: Premiere Pro CS3

Hi,

The fonts I used in my titles are gone after I re-install my windows (xp), now in my project all title fonts are changed back to Sans-Serif - Regular.

I have re-installed those additional fonts, restarted my system, and restarted Premiere CS3 but it still showing in Sans-Serif and not in the original fonts.

Any idea how to revert back to originals?

Did you save the PPro project after you lost the fonts? If so, I think you are outta luck. If not, I see no reason why replacing the fonts and restarting shouldn't work.

Maybe you have preview files rendered and it just *looks* like they aren't working?

Smile

I didn't save my project after losing fonts, moreover it happened to all of my projects - not just one.

You can simulate this problem very easily, just create a Title with any additional font you have installed, remove font for time being and open your project. Then install back the font and re-open.

After that both of us would have the same problem and we can search the solution together

Quote Originally Posted by imranaayan View Post
    I didn't save my project after losing fonts, moreover it happened to all of my projects - not just one.

You can simulate this problem very easily, just create a Title with any additional font you have installed, remove font for time being and open your project. Then install back the font and re-open.

After that both of us would have the same problem and we can search the solution together
    Try deleting the pre-rendered files in the cache and also in the dir. you save the project and then re-render the timeline.
    www.nothingissound.co.uk // http://www.youtube.com/user/truebassist

Sony DSR-PDX10 // Sony Wide Angle Conversion Lens 0.7x // Sony ECM-NV1 // RØDE NTG-1 // Dolly [coming soon]

Adobe CS4 Master Suite // MacBook Pro Alu 2.4Ghz

What am I missing here?

You re-installed Windows to get a clean system.
    Some fonts you had before are now not there.
    opening the Premire project reverted titels using the missingfonts to some standard font

I imagine you could either...

a) unless you saved the project again thereby preserving the new title settings using the defautl font then you should be anble to re-instate the missing fonts and simply open the project again; or

b) simply edit each title, now stored using a default font, and change the font to a new one.