Thread: Question about Sony Vegas 8.0

Default Question about Sony Vegas 8.0

Wow, I finally found a cool Vegas forum I can post and discuss stuff at, I'd have thought there were none out there except the main ones.

Anyway... My question is..

I've had Vegas 5.0 for about 2 years now, I'm familiar with the interface/layout, but I've been wanting to upgrade to a newer version, so I went to check out 8.0 and saw this picture:
    http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...o8_ss_main.jpg
    Geez, compared to this(5.0):
    http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7...8061106yo6.png
    That's a big difference O.O....

So I'm wondering if theres anyway to change back to the old layout/interface with the new versions. If not, is the new one hard to get use to?

Thanks

-Ayim

Edit// Actually I've got one more question that's not related to the topic.

I've been trying to figure out how I could move all the tracks at once in pancrop/3d track motion

like... Is there anyway to be able to have all tracks child, all different tracks with different things, then make a parent track that controls what they do? So If I zoomed in on the parent track it would zoom in on all the child tracks... (not sure if I can even do this in 5.0 since it's so old)
    Last edited by ayim; 06-04-2008 at 11:21 AM.

OK . .

1] Work-Space or Windows Layouts: Sony are just showing off, showing us WHAT and how many windows we can have up at once. And yes, coming in cold from V5 would be daunting. Fear not! In fact rejoice and sing Hallelujah! - What we have had - since V6 - is the option for customising your OWN workspace or Windows Layouts. Neat, huh?!? You get to arrange the windows and tools in as many combinations as you want PLUS you have the option to SAVE these in up to 10 ( 1 thru 9 AND 0) Windows Layouts = workspaces. You can recall these at any time during your edit using a Keystroke combo. Marvellous!

2] "Is there anyway to be able to have all tracks child, " Yes. Once you have inserted a Parent Track ABOVE your existing tracks demote the lower tracks to Child tracks; locate the 2 Icons within the Parent Track "Track Header" - the Parent Track Controls : One for motion "Parent Motion" and/or one for "Parent Compositing".

HTH

Grazie
    Last edited by Grazie; 06-04-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: better logic!!

try here for more Sony Vegas links Welcome to the Sony Vegas Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    OK . .

1] Work-Space or Windows Layouts: Sony are just showing off, showing us WHAT and how many windows we can have up at once. And yes, coming in cold from V5 would be daunting. Fear not! In fact rejoice and sing Hallelujah! - What we have had - since V6 - is the option for customising your OWN workspace or Windows Layouts. Neat, huh?!? You get to arrange the windows and tools in as many combinations as you want PLUS you have the option to SAVE these in up to 10 ( 1 thru 9 AND 0) Windows Layouts = workspaces. You can recall these at any time during your edit using a Keystroke combo. Marvellous!

2] "Is there anyway to be able to have all tracks child, " Yes. Once you have inserted a Parent Track ABOVE your existing tracks demote the lower tracks to Child tracks; locate the 2 Icons within the Parent Track "Track Header" - the Parent Track Controls : One for motion "Parent Motion" and/or one for "Parent Compositing".

HTH

Grazie
    1] That's awesome! Thanks for the info.

2]I did what you said, but when I use the "Parent Track Motion" or Pan/Crop on the parent track it still only moves the parent, the childs stay the same.
    I wanted it to somehow move all of them at once, like so in 3D space I could be zooming in all at once and have one pass up the other or such.

Edit// Nvm, I figured it out, I had to set all tracks to Source 3D motion, this is awesome thanks!
    Last edited by ayim; 06-05-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Can we confirm:

1] You have VegasPro8?

2] That have got to the "Parent Track Motion" Menu?

3] As you DO want 3-D you have elected for the "3-D Source Alpha" from the "Parent Track Motion" Menu "Composite Mode"?

Presently I have working what I have gathered you want to work - and that is -several child tracks moving in 3-D space in unison.

Regards

Grazie

Ah! I see from your EDIT that you have figured it out. Good for you!

As an aside, as I didn't SEE your edit as a further comment, can we all ADD a comment beyond the last post? Please? This will allow me to respond to the last comment. I do get confused too!

Have fun,

Grazie