Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my first ever short music video

Wink my first ever short music video

hello i'm a new member and would like some honest advice on my video please

everything has been created by me on there and i do have permission to use the song!

this is my second video ive ever made so bare that in mind!

please watch it all it does get better! though it might be where ive worked on this 100 times an i still want to re-edit it lol!

but please enjoy!

laura xx

Interesting video you made, the music and the images go well together and you've done quite well on cutting to the beat, I would have cut sooner on some of the longer pieces as they did tend to go on longer than needed. I would have changed the background image of the girl dancing (was that you?) from MCU to Mid Shot to Long Shot as it became repetitive after a while.

A Dutch Tilt and you being shot from the side would have also added visual variety to you dancing. You should have put your name and the song title in the bottom left corner of the video 5 seconds after it started and you don't need to say that you got permission to use a particular song at the end, just give whoever you got it from a credit.

thanks yes that was me dancing and i know exactly what you mean!

ur all gonna hate me now but it was mostly filmed in photobooth on my mac lol!
    i would have like to have done some interesting shots but as it was only me involved
    i found it a bit hard! maybe if i used other people, a proper camera and a better UV bulb i could have made it more than what it is!

also this was all shot and put together for a film festival in a very short time!
    and i admit and agree a lot of it went on a bit due to running out of idea's, time and inspiration.
    and this always bothers me when i watch it!

and im a neebie to credits too and ur advice is much apreciated!

maybe one day i can take my idea's further going into more abstract video!

im going back to college this year to study more on video and animation so i hope i can improve!

thanks ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    You should have put your name and the song title in the bottom left corner of the video 5 seconds after it started and you don't need to say that you got permission to use a particular song at the end, just give whoever you got it from a credit.
    Tangentally, (and not relevant to this film) if you join the IAC (Institute of Amateur Cinematographers) in the UK it is possible to buy, for a nominal fee, a licence which allows you to use recorded works in your strictly amateur movies so long as you have bought a copy of the recording through retail channels in the UK.
    Copyright
    The interesting thing is the BPI part of the licence stipulates:

The names of all instrumental groups, bands, orchestras, choruses, solo artists and/or performers shall NOT be identified in subtitles or credits etc.

At first glance this seems contrary to what one would imagine would be fair. But thinking about it a bit further this is clearly to prevent giving the impression that the group/performer/writers endorse your film.

It also prevents:
    Sir Simon Rattle
    conducts
    The City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra
    playing the music of
    Pink Floyd
    in a film by
    Tim Stannard

Tim

Blog Entries

Now I want to see the film ! Lol.

Blog Entries

Neither the music nor the style of video are my scene though you must be doing something right as I watched it all the way through.

I thought the titles were fantastic - not only did they suit the style of the video but they really built anticipation of what they were going to say (like looking forward to christmas when you're four - OK maybe not that much, but close)
    Tim

thanks i glad you enjoyed it and kept an open mind about it

Do continue to study video and animation and whenever you get the opportunity to do some filming always take it as the practice will pay off. Look at other dance music videos and see how they are constructed, yes I know there is a lot of quick cutting in them and you need a lot more shots compared to other types of music videos. Avril Lavigne will need to watch out!

yea i plan too my tutor is gonna try and get me some work experience over the summer holidays!
    im well excited for it! i dont care if im a dogsbody making the tea! infact i make very good tea ^^
    im just excited to see the men and women at work and pick up some tips and have something on my CV

i want to try and do other things as well as dance video's i just wish there was something interesting to film where i live :/
    cant wait to do proper animation vid's then i can let my imagination run away

i think i got a few mates who are into video too so i might team up with them over the summer too
    ooo im so exited lol! ^^

Hi,
    I enjoyed watching your video. Some pretty cool effects.
    As I was watching I was wondering if someone was twirling Poi? I kept seeing flashes of what looked like Poi like twirls? Maybe it was just the lighting effects though?
    I think perhaps for this sort of music there needs to be lots of fast changing visuals to keep up the pace visually, but overall you did a really good job!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast