Thread: Huge video file

Default Huge video file

I used wmm2 to make my 20 min. film, then exported it to an avi file. I looked at the properties of the finished avi file and it was 3.87 GB. It only has 20 min. of film and about six songs. I want to put it onto a vcd but i know it wont fit. When i encode it to mpeg will it decrease the file size so it will be able to fit on the vcd? If not could someone point me in the right direction of how to put it on a vcd while still keeping good quality. Thanks

you can't put it on a vcd and keep the quality. It'll look ok, but not as good as it does jsut now.

VCD uses a quarter of the resolution as your (i'm assuming DV) file has now.

vcd will hold 80 minutes and svcd will hold your 20 minutes at top qwuality no probs, and it'll be far better than vcd.

ok, but what is a svcd. I have heard of it, but never really seen any explanations of what it was. Could you explain it to me and how to make one? Thanks

what video encoding software do you have? get yourself tmpgenc if you don't have any, and use it to encode to svcd.

Yeah i guess i posted to soon, because i did a sarch on google and found a guide on how to encode to svcd settings with tmpgenc. I downloaded tmpgenc and am encoding right now. Thanks for your help.