Thread: will I lose the captured videos if I uninstall pinnacle?

Default will I lose the captured videos if I uninstall pinnacle?

Hi there

I've had such a problem with pinnacle, I'm planning to uninstall and get something else. NOT an upgrade judging by the unsolved bug problems. BUT - I don't want to loose the original captured videos. The edited videos I've given up on, they keep moving to different files and being saved with the source files not linked in - disaster. Any advice please?

It might depend on where the videos are stored. If for example they were in a folder called C:\Program Files\Pinnacle, then this folder and its contents might be deleted if you uninstall. As a precaution against this happening, you could copy the video files and place them in a different folder first.

hi - thanks, just slightly not sure if they will be mysteriously moved back as Pinnacle seems to randomly shuffle my captured video to other places. BUT will try. Cheers.

The Pinnacle Studio captured clips are usually found under My Video in My Documents. This is the default address so should be there unless you have changed the address.

Quote Originally Posted by Terfyn View Post
    The Pinnacle Studio captured clips are usually found under My Video in My Documents. This is the default address so should be there unless you have changed the address.
    Yeah, when I used vs10 that was the default, but I would copy to another drive to be safe
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction