Thread: Canon Optura 200 help?

Default Canon Optura 200 help?

I made a video of my grandson's graduation using the mini dv tapes. When playing back to my DVD stand alone recorder, I had very bad pixalation like when getting bad reception on a digital tv. The camcorder has been doing good up to this point.

I'll have to borrow a camcorder from my son to check the tape to make sure it's still good; hope its just the playback.

dumb question: does the camcorder use the same sensors to record and playback? Would cleaning help or do I need to get a new cc. What would be good replacement that wouldn't be too expensive.

It could be dirty heads on the camcorder, if you haven't used a cleaning tape in a long time or if you've never used one. If it is dirty heads then there is nothing you can do to fix this particular recording as the pixelation (either single blocks or small white dots) is now recorded onto the tape. Also try the connections and cables you used to connect to the DVD recorder, make sure they are a tight fit and the cables aren't damaged in anyway. Use a different set of cables and as you suggest yourself use another camcorder to see if that makes any difference. How old is your camcorder?

Default Thanks Nikosony

Same problem even when viewing through cc lcd screen & playing tapes that I knew were good. Tried head cleaning cassette tape-same problem. Looks like it bit the dust.

I have a lot of tapes and nothing to view them with. After some research, I like the Canon vixia HV30 & I'm pretty sure it will play HD & regular tapes but only record in HD. I'm not sure how I can convert the HD tapes to dvd though. With the regular tapes, I could play them through my stand alone recorder & make decent dvds. Could I do the same thing with the HV30 even though they wouldn't be in HD?

I would consider the hard drive cc's if I didn't have so many tapes.
    Thanks for your help