Thread: Football trailer

Default Football trailer

visit the link below to see the video "Titans 2008 trailer" on the home page:

Eclipse Film Productions: Home

The video had good music and a good opening title sequence but I felt the viewer was kept at a distance from the action. The video needed a change of camera angle and position (sideline/touchline) and more medium close ups and close ups of the players out on the field. We couldn't see any reaction shots from the faces of either the players or those who had come to watch them, that left me feeling disconnected if all the shots are long shots especially when filming action. Also I think a montage quickly cut together of the players on the field would have worked better rather than the multiple fade in and fade outs. I just prefer using cuts more than the overuse of transitions. Finally, anyone watching who does not follow that team, has no idea who those coaches are?

yeah i know about the coaches thing... hahaha

the video is intended for the actual team and the final product will be played at the banquet

and also since that was only the first game i was not able to have any film from the touchdown side of the field. but im probably gonna have my brother do it for the rest of the games so i can get those close shots and reactions like you were talking about.

thanks for the tips!!

If you can get one or two more cameras to give different angles and shots that would make a big difference to any future games you are covering. The high angle you already have, you need one from the touchline and say another one showing the reaction of the crowd watching would give more visual variety. Or what about some pre-match interviews with players in the locker room or with one or two of the coaches, this could be staged one or two days earlier to get it out of the way?

actually i already have a couple interviews, but because none of that video had talking in it, i decided to leave it out. but it will be in the full version of the movie