Hi, this problem is regarding my friends computer, but we're both really confused so I thought I'd try to get some help. I mention that it's his computer because if someone asks for me to make some modification, it may take a little while to post results.

Anyways the problem is that there is no audio on a video we're editing!!

A bit of background (don't know if this is necessary): So basically we recorder our file via camcorder then I hooked it up to my DVD player (and recorder) and recorded it onto a DVD. And then that was a .VOB file. And there were also two separate DVDs we made in which we were editing.

Then when playing the unedited and edited versions of the DVDs, there was no sound with Sony Vegas...but there was sound (of the unedited) with other DVD players. Then my friend said that he tried playing other .VOB files and it worked fine...so I have no clue what's going on...

Oh and another weird comment is that some random places DO have audio. No specific distinguished places...just like randomly the video has sound. And it's not the computer cos my computer can play the unedited DVDs fine with sound and his can't. I have a crappy XP laptop while he has a new Vista PC.

I'm so confused right now...and sorry if I sounded confusing. Just let me know if you have questions. Thank you so much. I'm really a n00b at this if you couldn't tell...