Thread: Upgraded Ram & updtaed Ulead Workshop - system now jerky

Default Upgraded Ram & updtaed Ulead Workshop - system now jerky

I have a Dell Precision 8300 Pentium 4, 1 gig ram (2), ATI RAdeon XT1650 video card with 512 mem, 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive, using Pinnacle Ultimate 11 and Ulead workshop 2 to burn DVDs. Until the past days the system was not as quick, though it worked, as I would have liked, but now it is ridiculous. I needed to upgrade because when I made a movie in Pinnacle with many transitions, the audio would be slightly unstable.

The videos rendered as AVI were smooth and were looking great. I just wanted to make it better. I had two 512 mem sticks and added another 1 gig, installing as instructions stated. Same time I updated Ulead Workshop 2, and changed the AGP setting in the computer setup to 256.

I uninstalled my Pinnacle Ultimate 11 completely and am reinstalling right now. I notice that while after installing the starfield screensaver is herky jerky and that never did that before. I uninstalled my secondary SATA drive as it was not displaying the videos properly and really jumpy, starting and stopping. What was odd was that I was able to transfer the video from the secondary SATA to the primary and the video worked good, not jumpy, These were videos I rendered before all this started happening. I have not reinstalled the secondary drive, in trying to isolate the problem.

I am getting ready to do some rendering tests right now after I send this thread and hope someone out there has insight to what may have happended.

I use video editing for my music video recordings I have on You Tube and also have been throwing together a wedding anniversary video for my fiance's Mother and trying to get it done by this Friday, June 6, and then sing at my fiance's son's wedding Saturday, after singing Thursday and Friday nights.

I totally appreciate any help and than you so much.

Wolf Randolph
    Last edited by wolfrandolph; 05-31-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: spelling