Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vegas Will not Import MPG Audio

Default Vegas Will not Import MPG Audio

I use Vegas 6, build 99. After I import my files from my Canon FS100, I convert them from .MOD (it comes with a .MOD and a matching .MOI) to .MPG and open them in Vegas, video plays just fine but it lacks audio entirely. It does not matter how the file is opened, and when I try to send it to Sound Forge it claims it cannot because there is no audio. However, when I play it in Windows Media Player, it works perfectly, with full audio. Attempting to open it in Windows Movie Maker will end in the program shutting itself down. In fact, the only editing program that recognizes the audio is the software included with the camera. But Vegas is what I want to use.

Am I missing a plug in, or what?
    Last edited by JohnFalkland; 05-28-2008 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFalkland View Post
    I use Vegas 6, build 99. After I import my files from my Canon FS100, I convert them from .MOD (it comes with a .MOD and a matching .MOI) to .MPG and open them in Vegas, video plays just fine but it lacks audio entirely. It does not matter how the file is opened, and when I try to send it to Sound Forge it claims it cannot because there is no audio. However, when I play it in Windows Media Player, it works perfectly, with full audio. Attempting to open it in Windows Movie Maker will end in the program shutting itself down. In fact, the only editing program that recognizes the audio is the software included with the camera. But Vegas is what I want to use.

Am I missing a plug in, or what?
    Can ANYBODY fix this? I have the same problem and I need it fixed ASAP! :(

Vgeas6 Build99? - Do you have the last /latest version of Vegas6? I see you don't state a letter after the "6"?

Grazie

I have Vegas Pro 8.0. Which is the best version?

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Vgeas6 Build99? - Do you have the last /latest version of Vegas6? I see you don't state a letter after the "6"?

Grazie
    Sorry, Vegas 6.0a. Not sure how to update if I need to.

GO to the Sony web site and look for an upgrade there, or look in the help menu on top of Vegas I think there is a Link in there.

The "updates" show Vegas 6 stopped at iteration "d", and that was back in February 2006.

BTW? What is MPG Audio? Is this the audio from a DVD? From a Camcorder disc?

Grazie

Both. The stuff I'm importing is from an SD flash memory camcorder.

Run the material through G-Spot and let's see whatcha got!

Have you had success B4?

Grazie

How are you importing it? Copy > File - and then atttempting that way?

Grazie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast