Thread: 3-D Text

Exclamation 3-D Text

Hey, i need some help.
    I've been trying to do some dynamic 3D text in Sony Vegas 8 pro.
    This is the link to it:
    Could someone give me some recommendations and tips. And could you please rate and comment the movie. I just uploaded it.
    Thanks a lot.

130993st
    Last edited by 130993st; 06-02-2008 at 07:21 AM.

Wink Good

I liked it, for it looked quite proffesional. I think you used Sony Vegas Pro with the tutorial on how to make the text from Ayumionlove. You should have put in some music though.
    5/5

Sorry to throw cold water about . . but . . that is a 2-D text treatment being manipulated within 3-D planes. In my book, that doesn't make 3-D text. 3-D text has both "thickness" and "depth" and often sports reflections on its surfaces. Neither of those examples sport anything like that.

Nice effect but not 3-D text.

Grazie

Question Well

Well, if that is not 3D text, then could u send a video on how to do it or a thread. I would really liked to improve my "Sony Vegas"skills.
    130993st

I think it is highly commendable you wish to learn more Vegas skills. Good for you! And if I KNEW how to do it I'd tell you; point you in a direction; suggest where to buy a book on it and so on. PERIOD!

I have used Vegas from Vegas3 onwards, read many a post on just this same topic and experimented myself in attempting to get something akin to 3-D text. The only thing I can advise would be to go to a 3rd party 3-D text s/w that does it and see. I have tried and tried with Boris Grafitti, but it has me beat. Some people use Bluff Titler > BluffTitler DX9: Realtime 3D Video Titling, Motion Graphics and VJ Effects

or one of these:
    Welcome To Zaxwerks
    Cayman Graphics - Power CG Plus
    proDAD - Heroglyph

If my response has been less than helpful, I apologise. And again, what I saw -IMO - is not 3-D text. Do you think it is?

Best regards

Grazie

Smile Ohh, Thanks

Ohh thanks a lot. The buff Titler is very useful. You can do so many things with it. By the way, if that text isn't 3-D, then is there a method which you can do it with Sony Vegas or do i have to use separate programs such as Bluff Titler.
    Thanks a lot Grazie,
    130993st

Look, IMO 3-D text has depth or is an extrusion based on the shape of the font face - yes? Now, if YOU can do this in Vegas, then there is a whole bunch of us willing to hear from you!!

Grazie

Blog Entries

One of the great strengths of Bluff (quite apart from its price) is that there are so many samples posted on-line by users which you can adapt. A fantastic way of both learning the product and getting a quick solution.
    And it doesn't stop at text. I needed some "magic stars" and some "smoke" recently and whilst Bluff has nowhere near the capabilities of something like Particle Illusion, the particle generator was adequate for my needs.
    Tim