Thread: how to edit a swf video?

Keysax Guest

Default how to edit a swf video?

Hi all!

My name is Víctor and it's my first post in the forum.

I have problem cause i need a SWF video editor. Something basically, cut, paste, split, fade, audio... like in premiere or vegas.

I capture some videos with camstudio to public in a website and need to edit this but when i render after edit this avi in vegas, the conversion of camstudio from avi to swf is not like de conversion without edition in vegas. I think it's a problem on render but i have rendered in all formats and didn't have the same quality... I've think editing in premiere CS3 could export in a swf file but i'm not sure if it will be in the quality i'm searching for.

So i convert the avi file from camstudio to swf inmediately and then edit this...

Someone can give me help with this software-searching?

To make this conversion the best solution is to use Flash To Video Encoder!

Keysax Guest

i use camstudio to capture screen and convert the avi file generated to swf. Then i need to edit this swf...

THX

4. Exclamation

I think you can edit avi file directly. SWF format is not for edit.

Keysax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Keysax View Post

when i render after edit this avi in vegas, the conversion of camstudio from avi to swf is not like de conversion without edition in vegas. I think it's a problem on render but i have rendered in all formats and didn't have the same quality...
    That's the problem...

I'd think you'd get the best results if you converted the SWF file to a .fla file using Flash Decompiler Trillix. Then you'd open up the .fla file in Flash Professional (preferably CS3). SWFs are compiled and compressed .fla files and aren't supposed to be edited.

I also think that you can open up a SWF file in Adobe After Effects CS3 and with the dynamic link feature export it to Encore CS3 without rendering. Encore CS3 can export SWFs. Premiere cannot. It can only export .flv flash files.

Is that what you meant? You need to edit a SWF file without rendering into another format so you can preserve the quality, right?
    Last edited by Primetime; 05-30-2008 at 06:46 AM.

I use Flash to Video Encoder Pro.It converts everything into anything and you can create your own video.

I just started out using swfEasy and I would say it is the easiest flash video editing software out there. Very similar to working in a regular editing app. Remember to work with small size sources and and the file size output gets really small

Text animation, Flash Animation Software

I prefer Flash to Video Encoder, because it's easy for me, it's very simple tool