Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good MiniDV camera with analogue in?

Default Good MiniDV camera with analogue in?

Hi people,

I'm interesting in investing in a new Camcorder and it seems that the biggest digital standard out there now is MiniDV? correct me if I'm wrong.

One feature I require is that I have an analogue in port on the camera so as I can attach a small "spy" camera as I am a keen motorcyclist and wish to use it video some of the rides I go on.

I'm not looking at too big a budget either as I wont be using it that much to justify it. I'm hoping not to spend more that 500 EUR. I have been looking at the Canon MV700i as it seems to have all the features I require. Can anybody suggest pro's and con's of this model or suggest another model which would suit my needs?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Ask Millsy if his cam has analogue pass through. Actually, I'll do it for you: "Millsy, does ur cam do analogue ins?". (He loves his Sony camcorder btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    Ask Millsy if his cam has analogue pass through. Actually, I'll do it for you: "Millsy, does ur cam do analogue ins?". (He loves his Sony camcorder btw).
    Thanks Marc... so Millsy what model have you got and does it have analogue in?

Yep. My Sony TRV33E has analogue passthru allegedly.

It's certainly listed. However, I have no use for that feature. I capture analogue signals via another route.

And before anyone asks. The reason why I bought the 33E then rather than the 19 or 22 is for the true widescreen mode.

However, the 33E is pretty much last years' model nowadays. The range has been superceded. Might mean you'll find one cheap somewhere though.

From the spec I just read the Canon you suggested looks spot on for what you want - feature wise.

i HAVE COME ACROSS THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO BEING A KEEN MOTORCYCLIST. AS I UNDERSTAND IT YOU CANNOT BUY A CAMERA WITH AV INPUT IN EUROPE DUE TO SOME DAFT LEGISLATION ABOUT THIS THEN BEING A VCR. YOU CAN HOWEVER GET FROM USA SITES BUT NOT SURE ABOUT TAXES ETC...
    HAVE A CANON MV 750i MYSELF AND THINK IT IS GREAT

Quote Originally Posted by MARKY444
    i HAVE COME ACROSS THE SAME PROBLEM ALSO BEING A KEEN MOTORCYCLIST. AS I UNDERSTAND IT YOU CANNOT BUY A CAMERA WITH AV INPUT IN EUROPE DUE TO SOME DAFT LEGISLATION ABOUT THIS THEN BEING A VCR.
    Hmmm strange, I'd found one here which I think is the same as all the badged "helmet" cams, and it's slightly cheaper...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...=F&modulecode=

the trick is getting the image from the bullet camera into the camcorder though. for this it needs to have av in and eurpean cameras dont come with this facility. do they??
    bullet cams are fine for survielance where you can input the image to a vcr, but i have yet to find a vcr i would want to carry on my bike!!

you can buy a cam in europe with dv in. there is a tax which allows companies to lower the price if they don't enable dv in.
    Aim for the Moon - If you miss, you may hit a Star

AMD Athlon64 3000+
    48x CD burner
    16x Dual Layer DVD burner
    512 Mb RAM
    Windows XP Pro/Debian unstable
    Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    Firewire card
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    2 x 17" CRTs, 1 x 17" TFT

yep. i have benn a pratt and i will admit it. have just followed a thread from v/down. you can indeed get a camera in europe with av in but the cost seem a little high for me so will have to put up with what i got.
    sorry.

Default Hiring cameras

Are there any companies which loan out camcorders to those on a budget, who can't afford their own top-notch ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast