Thread: Premiere Pro edit to big for TV problem

Default Premiere Pro edit to big for TV problem

Hiya
    Right, I understand pixel aspect ratio, PAL widescreen etc but I'm having a problem displaying my edits on TV.

I have a Premiere Pro 2.0 file set up as PAL Widescreen, so 720x576 at a pixel ratio of 1.422 - all fine. I have also imported a few stills at 1024x576 with a pixel ratio of 1.0 and, as usual, this causes no problem.
    When I render it to a Quicktime file it all renders out at the correct size and plays fine. When i render it to a DVD then play it on a widescreen TV it doesn't fit the TV - its not squashed or distorted, just too large for the TV, hence I loose imagery from around the outside.
    I've tried this on many modern UK PAL 16:9 widescreen TVs and even played with the TV settings but it is still the same.
    Anyone any idea what is happening here - are TVs no longer 1024x576 and someone forgot to tell me...?

Cheers
    Marcus

Have you adjust the image size so it fits the inside of the preview monitor in premiere ?
    If not choose scale to frame and import your pictures again into the project and then again to the timeline.
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

The source image size is fine (1024x576) as is the preview monitor - in fact changing the view of the preview monitor does nothing to the final output; a preview is just that and nowt else as far as I'm aware!

cheers

I know it is just preview but if the picture is scaled up even if you rezise the preview monitor the picture will be outside of its borders, either you have to scale down your picture or choose scale to frame, that's what i meant .
    Therefore i asked you if your picture is all inside of the preview monitor or only partial .
    Have you used scale to framesize ?
    Try that .

The picture is all inside of the preview monitor, yes, but I haven't used 'scale to framesize'. I 'll have a play with that and see what it produces.
    Thanks!

sounds like standard TV overscan to me so far. That's why editors like Premiere have 'safe areas' defined. Anythign outside these safe areas are not guaranteed to be displayed.

That's quite true Alan, He should try use another Tv set to see ig he has the same result cause i think the overscan problem it's not a every tv problem .