Thread: JVC Everio HD7 ?

Default JVC Everio HD7 ?

Does any one here have one of these camera's?
    I've heard the OIS is absolutely useless but was wondering if anyone has used one of those stabiliser thingies with theirs.....something like this.... and if so if this adequately combats the problem of the camera's poor hand held filming capabilities.
    (Or if anyone has seen other peoples footage with this camera using a stabilizer somewhere online that they could point me to?)
    I know a tripod would be best but I am wanting to do some walking (filming wildlife) with the camera....IF I buy it.
    I'm so confused about which camera to get. :(
    I know there's quite a few negative reviews about this particular camera but from what I can gather it's just not meant to be used straight out of the box. Certainly not a point and shoot camera.
    I've seen some absolutely breathtaking footage from it - (but mostly done on a tripod), it's in my price range and I like a lot of it's features. In fact it's manual features seem really good for this price range.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has actually had some personal experience with this particular model camera.

Thanks!

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    Does any one here have one of these camera's?
    I've heard the OIS is absolutely useless
    Tracy
    Who told you this ?

OIS is a very good thing, you can't always use a tripod, sometimes you need your camera do it for you there's when OIS comes to action .
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

Hi, I have been scouring the net looking for any and all information on this camera.
    My brain is about to explode, lol!
    Most of the reviews, (and reading peoples comments on Vimeo, who own this camera), I have read mention that the OIS is definitely a problem with this particular model - apparently the HD6 has much better OIS but lacks so many of the features that I am interested in with the HD7.
    From what I can understand (and I may very well be wrong, but it's what I can gather through reading and talking to people) OIS is not considered AS significant for the more professional camera people as they use all kinds of external stabilisers when filming.
    I'm thinking, even for my other camera which is not high definition , and does have "pretty" good OIS that to make the footage even better - more smooth, some kind of stabiliser would be a good idea.

I'm just concerned that the only way to get the brilliant footage I have seen from the HD7 would be limited to using a tripod if indeed a stabiliser (of some sort) doesn't help much.

To stabilizer your camera is a must, then in post you do whatever you want .
    It's better to have a decent footage and then in post make it look worst than have a bad picture and then trying to make it look better .
    I don't know much about this camera so I hope someone else can help you with that problem that you say that model has .
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

Thanks!
    It's kind of a long shot I guess asking here if someone not only HAS this model camera but also has a stabiliser that they use with it - and the footage of it in use!
    Well you never know....hopefully somebody might happen along and see my post.