Thread: Split screens?

Default Split screens?

...is it possible to have split screens for video editing? I asked the tech guys at PC World who reckon it is difficult to achieve. I will be using Adobe CS3...any tips and advise would be great.

Thanks

Using Adobe Premiere 1.5, CS2 or CS3 (I was going to say something about the blonde actress in CSI Miami, yeah you all know who I'm talking about...) you can create split screens and picture in picture. All you need to do is put separate video clips on each track and resize them to make them smaller so you can see more than one in the preview monitor. 'tech guys at PC World'... hmmm, now aren't you lucky you came across this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Using Adobe Premiere 1.5, CS2 or CS3 (I was going to say something about the blonde actress in CSI Miami, yeah you all know who I'm talking about...) you can create split screens and picture in picture. All you need to do is put separate video clips on each track and resize them to make them smaller so you can see more than one in the preview monitor. 'tech guys at PC World'... hmmm, now aren't you lucky you came across this forum?
    Sorry mate, I meant two monitors....so that I can see editing on one screen & output on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by shaf View Post
    Sorry mate, I meant two monitors....so that I can see editing on one screen & output on the other.
    Can be done if you have a dual output graphics card. With 2 monitors connected, the computer should 'see' both of them, and with any luck you can configure them in Control Panel, Display Properties. (on XP)
    My editing computer has this, and I tried it once before I upgraded the RAM, and it slowed the computer down a bit. I haven't tried again since I put more RAM in there.

Yep, I have done it, I pluged two monitors to the same graphic card , it has 2 outputs plugs and then configured in the properties painel you can output to the 2 monitors. Adobe premiere is prepared to work with 2 monitos all you have to do is undock and dock painels and drag them away to the other monitor, and there you have .
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

You can use split screens very easily in premiere CS1, 2 or 3. I personally have never noticed an increase in ram by using them.
    You have several options but the main 2 i use are..., the second monitor can be a full screen output preview to view your work in full screen (although for some reason this wont work when working with a 16:9 project and only works with a 4:3 project) or you can run premiere over 2 screens setting up the windows how you prefer jsut giving you a much bigger workspace.
    I'm using a quadro graphics card and have it set up as 1 full screen, you can open premiere over the 2 screens.

I think any graphics card with 2 monitor ports will be able to do the same job esp any nvidia one.

Hope that helps.

Blog Entries

Many screens rules - I use vegas with four monitors and it rules. Everyone who does much editing should go multi.

Thanks for the advise guys....funny how the 'tech guys' were all confused omn this subject, claiming it is hard to achieve and I may need a switcher lolll

'Tech guys', I just love those two works, they just crack me up everytime I hear them. Substitute them for a**e and elbow.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Many screens rules - I use vegas with four monitors and it rules. Everyone who does much editing should go multi.
    Four! Why would you possibly need so many. A timeline on one screen, output on another, what do you use the other 2 for.