Thread: Help! Velocity Envelopes Do Not Render

Default Help! Velocity Envelopes Do Not Render

Hi all. I am a newbie here, and have a quick question.

I am using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0b Build 217. My problem is the following:

When I apply a velocity envelope to a clip and change its speed to anything but 100%, that clip will not render in the final video. I have tried rendering my video in various formats, e.g. mp4, avi, mpg, and so on; however, none of these will render the clips with velocity envelopes in my project.

How can I fix this problem? If I need to provide any other information, please tell me.

Thank you in advance, and I appreciate your taking the time to help out a new guy.

Crown Clown

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Sounds buggy - do they work in the editor ?

Yes -- any clips with velocity envelopes appear fine in the editor. I encountered this problem using Vegas 8.0a, so I upgraded to 8.0b. The same problem, which I described above, occurred.

I have never ever heard of the a velocity envelope being ignored on render. Are you certain you are rendering the correct slice of the timeline? Weird . ..

Yes, all clips are in one layer. It is indeed weird, and very frustrating.

I figured it out! (well it worked for me)

after you change the velocity, right click on the clip, go to properties, then Disable resample.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

Glad you fixed it but cant see how that would have done it - grazie what do you think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Glad you fixed it but cant see how that would have done it - grayzie what do you think ?
    What do I think? I think this back to front. If anything forcing or using the smart resampling option is there to ensure smooth frame by frame transition. For example IF I was to put in a veloenvel and reduce to 37%, that is a 1/3 speed, and disabled resampling I get a stuttering of the video. Vegas doesn't know to make up the interim frame build - it stutters. But, when I use any of the resampling option then I get a smooth slomo.

This is very odd. Are you sure you meant disable resampling? If this is so then I would be asking SONY directly.

To confirm this I had just repeated my test and got exactly what I said above:

A] Disabled resampling = Stutter

B] Enabled resampling = Smooth

I then

1] Pre-rendered - Same result

. .and . ..

2] Rendered to AVI - Same result

I also repeated the same test BUT this time INCREASING the velocity to 300%. Same results, and I still get a render to AVI.

So, I can neither repro your result in Preview nor in a full AVI render nor for 37% nor 300%. But what I can say is that I DO need resampling engaged to make velicity envelopes to produce smooth renders and previews.

You are saying you don't get renders with resampling engaged? Try this for size: Do the same thing but this time REDUCE the velocity. I want to see what you get with and without resampling. I have a thought

And Mark, I don;t think this is a "fix" - I really don't. It flies against what I understand about sampling. But I HAVE been wrong before . . .