Thread: Amateur video editor with aspirations here! Which tft monitor on a 450 euros budget?

Default Amateur video editor with aspirations here! Which tft monitor on a 450 euros budget?

I am looking for a new tft monitor for my pc which I mainly intend to use for video-editing. I am no professional of the image industry, but an aspiring amateur. Sadly, I cannot spend more than 450 euros. I was thinking of a 22'' or a 24''. Any suggestion would be more than welcome as after some days of research on the web I am still quite baffled. Thanks in advance!

Personally, I wouldn't blow the entire 450 on just one monitor. Why not buy two smaller sized screens instead and give yourself twice the desktop space? Although you will need a graphics card with a dual head output to connect both monitors, having that extra screen real estate is very useful. It's very useful when some applications open lots of windows or palettes and they are all on top of each other. Also you can stretch the timeline on your editing program across both monitors and see twice as much of it. That's just my personal opinion.

Actually, that sounds like a brilliant idea! But do you believe that I can find two decent monitors on this budget? Oh, and I have a 8800gtx nvidia by xfx, but don't know if it has a dual head output.
    Last edited by alexis rizos; 05-11-2008 at 11:34 PM.

Yes, I believe you can get two 19 inch widescreen monitors each costing around €180 to €190. I'm not familiar with the 8800gtx nvidia by xfx graphics card so do a check on Google for it to see if it has a dual head or not. Or better still go onto nvidia's website and see if they still do it. They may have an instruction manual in .pdf format that you can download.