Thread: audio cutting off in After Effect

Question audio cutting off in After Effect

Hi,

something seems not friendly. How can I play audio and video layers in the same time with After Effect? The second question, how can I cut off the audio from one video, I want to keep just the video for rendering?

thank you,

Easy enough. I'm presuming you're talking about preview and not exporting. Exporting to include/exclude the sound is obvious enough from teh option availabel w3hen you add to the render queue.

Presumably when you are previewing you are just hitting the play button in the VCR type controls top-right yes? You won; thear any sound from that! Go to the menu and find the RAM preview option. That's the only way to get video and audio for preview in AE. However, if you just want audio then just hit the period (".") button on the numeric keypad.

To not play a specific audio layer then just hit the mute button at the far left of the layer.

supper, thanks. Everything works perfect most specially using RAM. Regarding the audio part cutting of from video, I need to really cut off, not just to not hear, to help me in increasing rendering speed.

As example, I play in tracking 7 movies in the same time but the sound is a new mp3 layer, in this case I don't need any audio from movie to be rendered!

thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by kondordv View Post
    supper, thanks. Everything works perfect most specially using RAM. Regarding the audio part cutting of from video, I need to really cut off, not just to not hear, to help me in increasing rendering speed.

As example, I play in tracking 7 movies in the same time but the sound is a new mp3 layer, in this case I don't need any audio from movie to be rendered!

thank you,
    Word of warning. Aboslutely do NOT use an MP3 files in After Effects. It doesn't play nice with MP3s. Convert it to WAV first.

I think you explain better what you mean but 'cut off'. I'm not sure what the distinction is between cutting off and not hearing.

The real difference is that the audio part doesn't exist anymore with the video. Did you ever used Pinnacle? You can set with pinnacle same as with Sony Vegas, not hearing the sound or cut off, or better to say delete the sound, having just video part.

For better render I'll try with wav instead mp3.

thank you,