Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mixing multiple record files into 1

  1. #1

    Default Mixing multiple record files into 1

    Hello,

    I've seen some videos that were made by vegas where people mixed differend record files into 1 file. For example: I have recorded a video file off a boy and i have another file off a girl. How can i mix these 2 records into 1?

    My intention is to have 1 recorded file to play as a background and the other one before it.

    Please help,


    Greetz,

    Freakyangel
    Last edited by freakyangel; 05-07-2008 at 02:33 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm having a problem understanding your terms? What's a "record"? Is this audio? What are the visuals to go with it? Please try and re-frame your sentences.

    Sorry . . .

    Grazie

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    I'm having a problem understanding your terms? What's a "record"? Is this audio? What are the visuals to go with it? Please try and re-frame your sentences.

    Sorry . . .

    Grazie
    I have 2 files ( A and B) and i want them to play at the same time. So i want A to be the background and B to be in front of a.


    For example:
    A: Is a video of a wall
    B: Is a video of a person

    Now i want to play these videos together, so that the person is in front of the wall.

  4. #4

    Default

    Ah! Now THAT'S much clearer.

    If you haven't videoed the "person" against some well lit blue or green screen then we are talking compromise.

    Get back and tell us. Why not post a still of the person so we can "see" and then gauge what could happen next.

    There is STILL much than can be achieved, and can give an appealing look. It all depends on the flavour and final look you are after. I'm thinking Bezier masking with a dash of BG chroma keying if poss?

    If needs be, and you haven't videoed the person against a chroma key background, would it be possible to do a re-shoot? Just the person that is?

    Regards

    Grazie

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Ah! Now THAT'S much clearer.

    If you haven't videoed the "person" against some well lit blue or green screen then we are talking compromise.

    Get back and tell us. Why not post a still of the person so we can "see" and then gauge what could happen next.

    There is STILL much than can be achieved, and can give an appealing look. It all depends on the flavour and final look you are after. I'm thinking Bezier masking with a dash of BG chroma keying if poss?

    If needs be, and you haven't videoed the person against a chroma key background, would it be possible to do a re-shoot? Just the person that is?

    Regards

    Grazie
    The background colour doesn't matters. I just need to know how i can mix A and B.

    You said something about 'bezier masking" but i don't know what this is.

  6. #6

    Default

    Now provide 2 things:

    1] The version of Vegas you are running - this will determine IF Bezier is an option

    2] A still of your "person" clearly showing the background - this will determine just how MUCH BG needs to be suppressed and made transparent to allow that wall to show.

    Grazie

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Now provide 2 things:

    1] The version of Vegas you are running - this will determine IF Bezier is an option

    2] A still of your "person" clearly showing the background - this will determine just how MUCH BG needs to be suppressed and made transparent to allow that wall to show.

    Grazie
    1) Vegas 7.0

    2) The person and the wall have a grey background. It's almost the same.

  8. #8

    Default

    Read the very helpful Help file in Vegas7 on Bezier masking. This will clearly show you how to mask an item from the rest of the video. For you, this would mean masking the Person from the the same Event background.

    Another way, and this is why I was asking to see the Person and that background, would be to Chroma Key "out" close by sections of the background and then ALSO use Bezier masking to remove the rest.

    Once you can do some of each of these then you place the Person on track1 and the NEW background on track 2.

    You have some work to do. Read up on Bezier Masking and Chroma Keying in the help file.

    Regards

    Grazie

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Read the very helpful Help file in Vegas7 on Bezier masking. This will clearly show you how to mask an item from the rest of the video. For you, this would mean masking the Person from the the same Event background.

    Another way, and this is why I was asking to see the Person and that background, would be to Chroma Key "out" close by sections of the background and then ALSO use Bezier masking to remove the rest.

    Once you can do some of each of these then you place the Person on track1 and the NEW background on track 2.

    You have some work to do. Read up on Bezier Masking and Chroma Keying in the help file.

    Regards

    Grazie
    k, I will do that.


    Thanks for helping

  10. #10

    Default

    Always, well mostly, willing to oblige.

    Directing you to the Bezier Help is the best way I can think of assisting you, mainly for the reason that this function requires much time on the part of the operative to get a grip on details. I would NOT take on the task of explaining it here when there is more than sufficient explanation elsewhere.

    Now, if you get into trouble with Bezier, then sure, come back here and ask precise questions. I'm sure there are one or two or three chums here to assist. Yeah?

    Regards

    Grazie

Similar Threads

  1. multiple veg files?
    By docgab in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 02:36 PM
  2. What can I do to record m2t files on HDV Camcorder
    By mikeb in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
  3. Mixing Multiple Video Sources
    By netman8762 in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:55 PM
  4. Mixing Files
    By karles in forum Sound Recording and Audio Editing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 06:25 AM
  5. How do I Combine multiple mpg files into one?
    By Arther in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •