Hello everyone.

I have been filming deer/turkey hunts for myself and friends for the last couple of years using a cheap, very old( 10 year old) Hi8 video camera. I'm getting the bug to learn more about equipment and would like to ask a few questions.

I'm still looking for inexpensive equipment, but I would like to get a new camera, and an editing program for my computer. I might even need a new computer??

What do you guys think about this video camera, and what type of editing program would be simple to use with a camera such as this one?

Also, after I film a hunt, do the editing, I would like to be able to burn it to a dvd.

I want to get a new camera soon, then learn as I go.

Thanks in advance! Bullz >>-->

Panasonic PV-GS320, 3 CCD Mini DV Camcorder
Looking for a high-end 3 CCD digital camcorder that's fully loaded and ready to go out of the box? The Panasonic PV-GS320 3 CCD Mini DV Camcorder may be just what you are looking for. This camcorder comes with a variety of features, including a three CCD image sensor, 10x optical zoom, 16:9 wide-screen capability, optical image stabilization and a SD/HC card slot. This camcorder also features a 3.1 megapixel still camera mode, as well as a 2.7-Inch LCD.

Key FeaturesCamcorder Type Digital Recording Format Mini DV CCD Quantity 3 Memory Still Resolution 3.1 Megapixels Optical Zoom 10x
CCDCCD Quantity 3 CCD Size 1/6" CCD Pixels 800K pixels
LCD / ViewfinderDisplay Type With LCD Panel LCD Panel Size 2.7 in. Color Viewfinder With Color Viewfinder
LensOptical Zoom 10x Digital Zoom 700x Lens Focal Length 3 - 30 mm Filter Diameter 37 mm
Video ModesRecording Speed SP • LP Image Stabilizer Optical Image Stabilizer Low Lux 1 Lux
Memory PhotographyMemory Card Type SD Card • SDHC Card Digital Still Shot Mode With Still Shot Capability Memory Still Resolution 3.1 Megapixels Max Still Image Size 2048 x 1512 MPEG Movie Mode Without MPEG Movie Mode
InterfacesOutput Interfaces S-Video • Composite (Video) • USB 2.0 • FireWire / DV / i.Link Microphone Type Internal
Power SupplyBattery Type Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
GeneralDimensions (W x D x H) 3.06" x 5.8" x 3.34"Weight 0.99 lb.