Thread: Sony Vegas 8 - Home Edition Help

Default Sony Vegas 8 - Home Edition Help

Hey I dunno if theres a thread started on this or not but I'm in a bit of a rush atm so I'll post this up here.

I might need a few more help tips along the way so if you don't mind leaving this thread open, if you have to close it then thats cool. Ok basically I want to make a Counterstrike frag movie, I have got used to Sony Vegas 8 and am getting the gist of basically video editing thats not a problem but the main problem is when I go to save a movie, how do I save it in high resolution?

Like 1280x1024 or higher, my monitors native resolution is 1440x900 so yeah, please help me out, I've tried making my own custom settings and stuff but it says it cant go over 1024x768 or something like that, I'm not sure if its because I am using the trail version or if its another technical error?

Thanks, appreciate any help!

Anyone? Please tell me or lead me to the right answer as I want to make videos in high quality, but just for computer veiwing not DVD or anything.

Blog Entries

What is a counterstrike frag movie?

Just a movie of like good kills in the game Counterstrike. Thats not the point I cant seem to figure out how to save at a high resolution so if anyone can tell me I'd be more than greatful.

I just want the videos to play only on PC and I've seen people who have made movies on Vegas 8 at higher full screen style quality.

Thanks!!!

Anyone? Please someone help me with this I get this error when I try to save high definition.

"Vegas Movie Studio does not support output of frame sizes greater than 1440(width) 1080(height). The template you selected has been removed"

Why do I get this message? How can I solve? Please help me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devour View Post
    "Vegas Movie Studio does not support output of frame sizes greater than 1440(width) 1080(height). The template you selected has been removed"

Why do I get this message?

How can I solve? Please help me!
    Seems to me the message is self explanatory. You have Vegas Movie Studio and it doesn't support frame sizes > 1440 x 1080.

If you look at Sony Creative Software - Vegas Pro 8 - Vegas Family Comparison you'll see VMS doesn't support HDV. You need Platinum or Vegas Pro 8.

The likely reason no-one responded earlier is because you said you had Vegas 8, which, because of previous naming conventions, was taken to mean the Pro version.
    Tim