Thread: Burn to Blu-Ray always Fails "Failed to open file"

1. Default Burn to Blu-Ray always Fails "Failed to open file"

This one was driving me mad. A file that successfully renders out just couldn't be used to write out an image to Blu-Ray in Sony Vegas Pro 8.0, always failing at the 100% mark with the following error:

Filename: STREAM/00001.m2ts
    Status: TSWrapper.dll::CTSWrapper::ProcThreadMain::IO Error --- Failed to open file: 'C:\Users\Ian Smith\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\8.0\~bdmux2808\media\......

Turns out that the default setting for burning to Blu-Ray is the cause of the problem (how dumb is it to set a default audio format that won't work??!!!)

The default setting (under Tools -> Burn Disc -> Blu-Ray disc) sets the Audio Format to "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)"

Change it (using the drop-down) to "AC3" and then everything works fine.

Thought it worth posting here as I'd searched around for a while and not found anything.

Default Thanks

Was having this same annoying problem. Thanks for the solution. I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=red
    irascian[/color];87463]Turns out that the default setting for burning to Blu-Ray is the cause of the problem (how dumb is it to set a default audio format that won't work??!!!)
    Are you saying it is "dumb" because of the default being set to "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)"? Or are you saying that "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)" doesn't work, and therefore it is "dumb" to set it to this?

If "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)" doesn't work - period - then SONY needs to be informed about this. If it DOES work then having set as the first selection - the Help file does say "Choose a setting Audio format drop-down list to indicate whether you want to burn AC-3 or Wave64 (PCM) audio - is NOT a default, it is a "choice" and therefore NOT a default. And again, the Help file states that the user can "Choose a setting from the Audio template drop-down list . . . " This again is a choice and NOT a default situation. And again, are you saying that the "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)" doesn't work?

IMO, there is more to this than what you have experienced:

1] "Defaults" aren't the same as having a "choice". Now, "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64) is the first in the list of 2 - the other being the AC-3. That's not dumb, that's giving the user a choice.

2] Are you quite sure that the "Sony Wave64 (*.wv64)" doesn't operate in the way you thought? Maybe it DOES work, but for others.

3] Are you saying that ONLY AC-3 can be used when burning a Blue Ray?

I thought it would be worth posting this. If you haven't already, please read the Vegas Online Help file and tell me what I have misunderstood. I am always willing to learn.

Best regards

Grazie

Default unlocking the AC3 option

Just an additional note. To use the creative labs AC3 audio in Vegas , you need to install the DVD Architect and register it.