Thread: Exporting in Premiere CS3

Default Exporting in Premiere CS3

Hello. I'm pretty new to Premiere. I know my way around the program though and I really like. The only thing that's giving me headaches at the moment is exporting. I simply can't get it to work how I want it to.

I was trying to export a 30 sec long video to figure it out, but I'm a bit clueless now. I wanted to export it using the DivX codec. I clicked "Reset to defaults" in the DivX encoder configuration window. All I got was a movie file with no video (media player gave me an error message), the sound was okay though.

Here are the settings I used:

I'd appreciate if someone could give me a hand with exporting in Premiere. I really like the program and I'm intending to use it in the future, but without being able to export movies in certain size and quality it's really pointless.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Visi0n; 05-03-2008 at 07:23 PM.

You probably need to buy that codec, i don't know if that is free , also export it to using media encoder you have lots of options there it should work better . If you don't know media encoder is an option of adobe premier right beneath that one you have used .

Visit my portuguese blog :
    V√*deo Digital

Quote Originally Posted by RDINIS View Post
    You probably need to buy that codec, i don't know if that is free , also export it to using media encoder you have lots of options there it should work better . If you don't know media encoder is an option of adobe premier right beneath that one you have used .
    AFAIK, there is no option for AVI in Media Encoder, you have to use export.

Personally, my experiences with DivX encoding in Premiere has always been abysmal - I have been using Premiere since 1.5 and have *never, ever* gotten DivX encoding to work properly. It always gives glitchy output etc.

Personally, what I do is this:
    Use the DebugMode Frameserver to frameserve your project to VirtualDub and do your divx encoding in Vdub.

Failing that, render a copy out using a good transport codec and then import that into Vdub and encode from that.

Oh, and you do *not* need the Pro (Paid) version of DivX. Sure it will give you more options (eg motion compensation?) but the free version of divx will let you encode.