Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video clips jumping with transitions

1. Default Video clips jumping with transitions

Anyone experiencing this? Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate.

I have a video capture file compressed with WMV9 codec and a text box of two seconds which has a dissolve trans, on either end. Its the ending that is causing the clip to jump.

The jumping is also happening with transitions between clips. This particular video has about 20 clips with transistions either side!

Anyone know how I can resolve the jumping?

hi,

you are not enough precisely. What king of jump and in which moment? If your jump is during saving to the new file (exporting), it is normal because pinnacle first of all is rendering the transitions then it render the movie.

3. Default

Sorry - the problem occurs to the clips when placed in the video track together. Their original versions (i.e. the individual clips) do not jump when played on their own!

Its happening to random clips as well!

Smile

let's solve your problem. Please tell me what kind of clips are you placing in the tracking? It is DV, divX, mpg1 or mpg2? If it is captured with firewire from camcorder then it is DV compression, the recommended compression also by me.

Ok, now let's consider that you are in Edit mode with pinnacle 11 ultimate, and you place there 2 DV clips, then you place a transition between them. When you start to preview in edit mode your entire movie at the transition moment the jump occurs? Where the cursor is jumping? If is like that is not normal and I have to check, but I have just pinnacle 11.1 plus not ultimate.

Some suggestions: try another kinds of transitions and see what's happen. If you place a clip and you can't place the other in the same tracking check you standard video to be same (NTSC or PAL, 4:3 or wide)

good luck!
    Last edited by kondordv; 05-06-2008 at 07:44 PM.

Default I'm also having the problem with jumpy transitions in Studio 10

I'm also encountering this problem.

It doesnt matter what clips are used (picture, video, avi, mpeg, etc). What's happening is the user cannot simply transition (even a 2d transition) between two clips without the preview windows showing a 'jump' (looks almost like a quick frame skip) right as transition occurs or finishes.

What's really wierd is that the transition looks just fine as it's rendering. Once the transition has completely rendered, the transition plays back with the jumpiness described.

I've been a (very fustrated) Pinnacle user for a long time but I've never encountered this problem before. 2d Transitions like disolve never gave me such problems.

Other info: Quad Core, Nvidia card (with updated drivers), fresh install of studio 10.8 (patched and upgraded incrementally from studio .

Quote Originally Posted by mysterymeat View Post
    I'm also encountering this problem.

It doesnt matter what clips are used (picture, video, avi, mpeg, etc). What's happening is the user cannot simply transition (even a 2d transition) between two clips without the preview windows showing a 'jump' (looks almost like a quick frame skip) right as transition occurs or finishes.

What's really wierd is that the transition looks just fine as it's rendering. Once the transition has completely rendered, the transition plays back with the jumpiness described.

I've been a (very fustrated) Pinnacle user for a long time but I've never encountered this problem before. 2d Transitions like disolve never gave me such problems.

Other info: Quad Core, Nvidia card (with updated drivers), fresh install of studio 10.8 (patched and upgraded incrementally from studio .
    Pinnacle studio 12 Plus solved all the jumping transition problems. Buy it and you will see better improves! Good Luck.

Nope. I just installed Studio 12 Ultimate. The frame skipping problem still exists. The preview of the transition works fine. As soon as everything is done rendering though (after all green progress bars are gone), the frame skipping is there...either at the begining or end of every transition.

Please, if anyone knows how to resolve the frame skipping issue with transitions then let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterymeat View Post
    Nope. I just installed Studio 12 Ultimate. The frame skipping problem still exists. The preview of the transition works fine. As soon as everything is done rendering though (after all green progress bars are gone), the frame skipping is there...either at the begining or end of every transition.

Please, if anyone knows how to resolve the frame skipping issue with transitions then let us know.
    Is this only on your PC? or is it jumping on the finnished dvd as well.. If its only on your comp check to see if you have enough ram....

I got rid of Pinnacle fast!! As far as software goes its buggy.. 10 was bad and instead of fixing it they released 11 and its just as buggy.. now I guess they have 12?? I'd look at other software.. Sony or Adobe.. both consumer programs are the same price as pinnacle.. and you can upgrade later if you wish..

But check the ram.. defrag your hard drive.. etc.. and see if that helps.. best of luck
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    Is this only on your PC? or is it jumping on the finnished dvd as well.. If its only on your comp check to see if you have enough ram....

I got rid of Pinnacle fast!! As far as software goes its buggy.. 10 was bad and instead of fixing it they released 11 and its just as buggy.. now I guess they have 12?? I'd look at other software.. Sony or Adobe.. both consumer programs are the same price as pinnacle.. and you can upgrade later if you wish..

But check the ram.. defrag your hard drive.. etc.. and see if that helps.. best of luck
    You have right, as I said many times v10 was really bad, 11 was hudge correction, and now 12 is also correction beside some improves.
    I can be sure that 12 has no problem, in this case I'd like to know from mysterymeat some details. How's the HDD led at that moment? lighting continuously, hdd working hard? A good idea is speed disk, but also zoom in the track to check to be no gap there. Another good idea to try is to uninstall all your codec pack from the computer, and to use just the one you need for testing, because many many times codec packs generate so many problems. Be sure that you don't have 30 hudge program installed on that windows (some hudge games) or your windows (I hope it is XP) is not installed with one year ago, I mean your windows is not fully of "dll" files. If it's like that reinstall your windows. If you still have the problem please tell us your PC configuration. Something else, try to set your pinnacle to use temporary folder for work on different HDD if you have more than one, than your original movies.

Quote Originally Posted by kondordv View Post
    You have right, as I said many times v10 was really bad, 11 was hudge correction, and now 12 is also correction beside some improves.
    I can be sure that 12 has no problem, in this case I'd like to know from mysterymeat some details. How's the HDD led at that moment? lighting continuously, hdd working hard? A good idea is speed disk, but also zoom in the track to check to be no gap there. Another good idea to try is to uninstall all your codec pack from the computer, and to use just the one you need for testing, because many many times codec packs generate so many problems. Be sure that you don't have 30 hudge program installed on that windows (some hudge games) or your windows (I hope it is XP) is not installed with one year ago, I mean your windows is not fully of "dll" files. If it's like that reinstall your windows. If you still have the problem please tell us your PC configuration. Something else, try to set your pinnacle to use temporary folder for work on different HDD if you have more than one, than your original movies.
    I gave up on pinnacle and went to vegas.. 1000 times better..lol
    I Still say its buggy... but I have a beef with them.. I had issuse relating to the software.. as well as many others on their web board.. 1st they told me it was my system.. then I proved them wrong.. so they tried to get me to upgrade.. ( yeah I was guna give them more money!! not! lmao) Then to get me to go away they gave me a green screen.. I took the screen and went to Vegas (the software not the city.. well I went to the city to but thats another story) I just never had any luck with their software.. From what I understand they pretty much destroyed Avid Liqued..

My advice to the OP.. if you just bought the software take it back and get Vegas Studio or Premier Elements..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast