Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing/blank clips when I render

Default Missing/blank clips when I render

Firstly I have scoured the forum for an answer to this but cant find one!

In the rendered file some of my clips appear fine (including effects) but after 3 or so clips the next few dont appear. Then one appears, then the next one is blank and so on.

I have tried rendering to different formats but seem to get the same results.

It doesnt go blank half way through a clip, it does it at the end.

I did have all the clips in one video track, but split them between 2 tracks to see if that made a difference, it doesnt.

Any help on this greatly appreciated - Cheers!

Blog Entries

Are the clips from the same source?
    What type of clips - codec etc?
    If you swap the order of the clips, is it the same clips that don't appear?
    No suggestions as yet, just after more info.
    Tim

There are several sources of clips including one from a phone (which was converted to mpeg)!
    The rest are video from 3 different stills cameras. A Canon, a Sony and a Fuji, avi format I believe, actually one of them is mov I think.
    (I am aware I will need to check frame rates and stuff to match the project settings with those of the media to ensure best rendered results, but I dont think that is the issue here)

Its not clips from one particular source that dont apprear, it seems random!

I'll try swapping the order this evening. That should tell us whether its a clip setting at least.

Thanks for your time.

Aha!

Looking more carefully at what clip appear and which ones dont, Its the ones from the Sony camera that are blank. The clips from the other sources are fine.

When I play back the movie in the preview window thingy the sony clips appear, its just when I render.

One small oddity: One part of one of the Sony source clips does appear. Its a bit that is slowed right down. Dont know if that helps?

I suppose failing averything else I could convert the Sony clips to another format and add them back in, but that would involve a whole load of faffing, re trimming and what not.

Once again, help most greatfully received.

Blog Entries

Progress. Good.
    OK so what format is the Sony camera producing? How are you getting the data off the camera? Are you capturing from miniDV, copying from hard disk, copying from a card?
    Tell you what - tell us what camera and we'll take a guess for you

Seriously, download GSpot (google it - it's free) and run your clips in that. It'll tell you loads of info and may well highlight what codec you've got a problem with.
    Tim

The Sony camera is producing 'MPG' format clips.

Acording to the GSpot thing MPEG1 codec. The status says the codec is installed.

The clips are sitting on my HDD. (space shouldnt be an issue as there is about 200GB free).

I can double click on them in explorer and they play fine through Windows media Player.

Blog Entries

I've PM's you my email address. Can you send a small sample of a failing clip?
    Tim

Emailed as requested.

Blog Entries

Sorry to give you the news you don't want. The problem isn't with Sony Vegas. I've mixed the clip you sent with a divX and a MiniDV avi with disolves and rendered no problem to a number of formats.

You must have a codec problem of some sort. Suggest you re-install any sofgtware that came with the Sony camera on the basis that might overwrite MPEG1 codec with its own?
    Tim

Is there any way I can copy the crop and pan envelope to the clip in another format.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast