Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please check out my site on web video techniques

Default Web Video Techniques blog - feedback requested

I have just started a new blog as a resource including news, tutorials, tips, tricks, reviews and techniques for web video. At this time I only have a few posts and most of them cover video encoding, website players and tools/service reviews.

If you have any comments about the site, good ideas for articles or are interested in being a guest writer or submitting a tutorial, let me know.

Web Video Techniques
    Last edited by videopro; 08-30-2008 at 07:58 AM. Reason: tough crowd..hoping to get better feedback

that's cool! i think i go check it out! that is what im looking for thanks a lot!

Was a very miss-leading title and a shameless commercial plug.

I was expecting maybe a few "web video techniques" as stated in the title, not "this is how to encode video".

How about a title along the lines of "how to encode video for the web".

If anyone else is actually looking for tips for web video content - avoid focus pulls in busy compositions.

MOSH

The entire reason I posted was that I was looking for feedback and ideas. Techniques for web video do include tools, tips n tricks, etc.

What kind of "techniques" were you looking for?

Hi I'm looking for a video camera that shoots something that can be readily uploaded to youtube or google without all the conversion...does mpeg ps work?

Blog Entries

I cant see how your site offers anything more than this very forum. Rather than expert advice a quick look and all I see is mechanically recovered meat and copy / paste articles.

Looks and reads like a blog, not a useful resource.

Mark

Thanks for the unconstructive criticism. The entire reason I posted the link in the first place was to get ideas for where to take the site. Is it technically a "blog", yes, but none of it has been copy pasted and I hope it to be a place where the beginner to intermediate can find good info all in one place on how to create and deliver web video. Industry news, tutorials, tools, etc.

Gotta start somewhere...

Blog Entries

Ok - maybe that was a bit harsh - more accurate to say it reads like a list of ads as a vehicle for ads.

As for copy and paste - how about read and rewrite then - but at least you cite your sources, something many fail to do.

In my considored opinion the board format is a far superious, productive and more egalitarian way of providing what you aspire to do.

And as for this ' Thanks for the unconstructive criticism. ' - dont be so up yourself. If you ask for opinions the good ones tell you little.

Videopro, stop using the word 'please' it sounds like your are desperate to get people to go onto your site. You need to use more positive words to publicise your site, emphasise it's positive qualities and stay away from words such as 'please'.

Man, this is a tough crowd... I ask for a bit of feedback on my project and get hammered about pimping my link in the "Pimp the Link" forum, accused of creating a ads site (since I am reviewing products and services?), accosted for using the word "please" in a single post, and not having enough generic video content and daring to create a site besides this forum that deals with video.... WTF!

Obviously you can't make everyone happy... The only reason I posted the link is because I was looking for ideas about what kinds of content would be most valuable to video enthusiasts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast