Thread: 2 problems with Studio 9

Thanks

Unhappy 2 problems with Studio 9

Hi everyone, I've been playing around with Studio 9 for a reasonable time now but this is my first experience of this web site and hope some of you experienced folk can put me right.
    I have two problems which developed as follows:
    When adding background music from a CD to a project, it worked ok at first but then began to frequently "encountered a problem and will have to close down".
    This happened so often that I got frustrated and reinstalled Studio 9 in an attempt to correct the problem. This lead on to my second problem.
    When trying to open the same project to continue with the background music, I now get a window giving the file name and merely saying "cannot open this file". It doesn't give a clue as to why.
    I have tried every thing I can think of to open the file including finding the file with Explorer and ensuring the "Open With" is set to Studio 9, and am left scratching my head and looking glum. Anyone help please?

Thanks

Could be the project file is corrupt in which case there's not a lot you can do. One thing you might try is, and I can't remember exactly where it is as I'm at work and not in front of my pc, to clear the temp files. Its under one of the menu options and I think studio calls them something other then temp. It might be that studio is seeing a corrupted copy that is still hanging around. So clear out the cache/temp files whatever it calls them and you might get lucky.

Thanks

Thank you for the suggestion Raj - the problem is that I am unable to find most of the files containing captured images and some of the ones I can find, I cannot open for no stated reason.
    Re the project I was working on (and lost), I spent a few more hours editing the captured clips all over again and have now completed the job and will sit back content (but still frustrated with what happened).
    I have a hefty file somewhere with clips from Mexico taken a year or so ago, but can't find them either.......I'll just have to keep plodding along.
    Thanks again.

Thanks

First of all if you don't know to use the program read the manual, then if you still have some problems come here and ask. But very important, before starting to work try to work tidy, set your project where to save your work and temporary files (take care never delete temporary files until your project is finished). Don't forget to have enough space and you will never have problems like those described above.

As a suggestion if you don't want to update your program to release 11 because is too expansive for you, I suggest you to update to v9.4 which is the best version from v9 series.

good luck!

Thanks

Thanks kondordv, I'll have a look at v9.4 . and check on the manual....again. Could be something I've forgotten. Thanks again.