Thread: Export to tape problem

Default Export to tape problem

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me with exporting 15 mins of footage from the time line over to tape. I use Adobe Premier 1.5, I follow the right procedure (I think I do anyway) File, export, export to tape. After doing this I'm presented with a dialog box with an option to record, when record is pressed it says 'recording successful' but nothing happens and I'm confussed.

Thank you

Can I assume you are recording back out to a Mini DV camcorder or deck using a Firewire connection? If it is a camcorder make sure the Firewire is set to DV in (check the menu settings) on the camcorder.

Hi, tried those links you sent me thank you but after following the instructions I still cant get it to export to tape. Yes I'm using a camcoder with a fire wire. When I click export to tape the camera enters into record mode but stays on pause and the footage in the time line dosnt play then I get message under the record button saying recording failed.

Looked in the cam menu for DV in settings but cant seem to find it.

thank you.

Just to add to that sometines it will say recording sucessful but the cam remains in pause mode and the footage in the timeline still dosnt play.

thank you

The only other solution I can think of is that your camcorder doesn't have DV In or Firewire In support so you can't record back to tape. What make and model number is your camcorder so we can check it's spec?

its a mini DVD canon MVX 40 and is driving me mad lol. It has a fire wire wich is connected via usb

Hi, If its a DVD camera then you wont be able to export to tape, as the camera takes DVD's. So in theory to record back to your source you will need to of been working on tape. Sorry!

Hi LukeD, its not a DVD camera, when I capture video footage it goes onto tape not a DVD. As I said it connects sto the camera 'sometime' but displays pause on the camera and the footage in the timeline stays still and does nothing

thank you

I'm slightly confused here, in one of your posts you say the camcorder records to tape and in another you say it is a mini dvd camcorder, it can't be both, so is it a mini dv camcorder (which has Firewire) and uses a tape or mini dvd (no Firewire) and uses a mini dvd disc?