Thread: Check out my new music video....

Default Check out my new music video....

First time doing a fight scene and winged it. It is more about the story than a music video you are used to seeing on tv

-Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

I liked your video and thought the music suited it well. Liked the on the shoulder shot as the main character walks towards the large guy, the fight scene is it meant to be funny or serious? If it is meant to be serious then you need to tighten up on where you place the camera, keep it on the blind side of one of your actors so we can't see the contact but we can see the result. The reactions of being punched in the face or abdomen need to be more exaggerated with the actors showing the impact. I had to laugh when the large guy shoved the small guy through the door, lucky for him it was open. What happened to the other guy who knocked the papers out of the main characters hand's in the hallway? The page left on the ground at the end could have been held a bit longer so we get time to read the words on it and is the title meant to be One Last Breath or One Last Breathe?

Blog Entries

Yup, nice job. Scene was set well, the fight was fairly believable, (I've seen alot worse!).... but...

At times the camera work was way too shakey for me. I'll grant you there are occassions when a shakey shot helps - in the fight scene would be fine (here and there) but I think if you invested in a steadicam the whole thing could have been so much better.

Having said that, gear is expensive and I guess we have to do what we do with what we have.

Overall, not a bad job by any means.

You had some good creative shot ideas. The editing could be tighter, especially with the fight scene. Also, some of the shots would have looked better on the tripod and best leaving the hand held stuff for the fight and agressive shots. Good effort though.

Thanks guys... i agree the fight scene could have been tighter. There were some shakiness I know was too bad but tried to keep it minimal, my idea was to have the shakiness add to the fight. It was meat to be funny and serious... the morale of the story sad ya know? But the actual events be funny.

I didnt know what to expect with this fight scene, first time and I knew there was no way to actually setup each shot by shot, so I said this is what I want in a fight, ok fight and I had them fight 3 times. Then any extra shots I need, I took.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD