Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'work' - music video

Default 'work' - music video

I put this together yesterday, only a bit of fun but gave me a good workout in quick cut editing:
    YouTube - work - music video

I hope people like it anyway.
    The song is 'work' by a band called Jars of Clay.

Just after watching your video, it was very good. Is it all original material? It reminds me of a video I saw a few years ago by Irish band 'The Frames' called Revelate, where they were in a cafe and as far as I can remember they used a fixed camera position (I believe it was a CCTV camera).

The treatment applied to their song was much edgier, I wouldn't say a more angrier delivery of the lyrics but there was a much more powerful delivery (going by the music) from the lead singer. Good cutting to the beat aswell, makes a change to quick cutting and multiple camera angles, effects etc.

The song is by Jars of Clay. One of my favourite songs so it was enjoyable to make (and exhausting). We just recorded the song through like 6 times, sync'd up the video to the mp3 track. Then just picked the best bits of which ever video track. Was quite straightforward to put together really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post
    The song is by Jars of Clay. One of my favourite songs so it was enjoyable to make (and exhausting). We just recorded the song through like 6 times, sync'd up the video to the mp3 track. Then just picked the best bits of which ever video track. Was quite straightforward to put together really.
    Hooray! A singer who looks like he's putting on a performance! (Even if the other two are dull to watch)
    Better than some other performances we've seen around these parts recently
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Hooray! A singer who looks like he's putting on a performance!
    Well said. You wanna try recording these people all day long, one after another, day after day. You daren't look like you're having fun in a studio, man. Stay cool, look cool, behave cool. The guy putting it all together has to stay enthusiastic, somehow. In retrospect, though, there's perhaps an inverse proportional relationship between cool and talent. As uncool as it would be, no doubt, I would've been tempted to go to town with a shed load of appropriate transitions to add a bit more feature to the juxtapostioning of the instrumentalists. Either the camcorder was on the wall or the floor was concrete. Entertaining, I thought. That's the acid test. regards all P.S

Blog Entries

I Thought it was absolutely excellent. Love the setting - the tight space works really well, a great performance from the vocalist well captured, and a good, edgy feel. Total thumbs up from me - and I'm most likely going to steal the idea for one of my own bands. Loved it.

The lead singer reminds me of Ian Curtis from Joy Division and that's going back nearly 30 years ago.

I had fun making it. Jumping around so much I was aching so bad the next day. Was really worth it though!

Had good edited energy to the video. I didn't like the setting though and thought it was composed badly, with horrible in shot wardrobe casting shadow over keyboard girl. Cluttered, messy and crap looking can be good if designed well that way, but isn't here. The video would also be more dynamic if the keyboard girl also had shots in the foreground, as well as the guitar player and lead singer. The lighting was also very flat and bland. The lead singer was good and made the video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alexhunter3d View Post
    .... I didn't like the setting though and thought it was composed badly, with horrible in shot wardrobe casting shadow over keyboard girl. Cluttered, messy and crap looking can be good if designed well that way, but isn't here.
    I thought that stuff added to the oppressive feel if it.

.... The video would also be more dynamic if the keyboard girl also had shots in the foreground, as well as the guitar player and lead singer..
    True, but with such a dynamic personality at the front chances are the others wouldn't want to try and compete.

.... The lighting was also very flat and bland. The lead singer was good and made the video.
    True enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast