Thread: slideshows in premiere for viewing on TV

Default slideshows in premiere for viewing on TV

Hi

I am a newbie to video editing other than trying to find a program that will produce slideshows to watch on TV.

I am using Adobe premiere pro, this is the program i am led to believe that will get the results. i would like to create a slideshow to watch on my widescreen TV (PAL). i have tried other programs and so far with a little help from reading forums have obtained the best results so far with premiere although i am not convinced that i cannot do better, the technique at the moment is to import pictures into photoshop crop and resize de-interlace and apply a 0.2 pixel gausian blur.

The question

willl i ever get the same resuls as i do on my computer on TV.

Well, I'm not really sure what you mean by "same results".

Chances are that most images are going to look better on your PC screen that they do when the same resolution is stretched over a larger area on your TV. If your TV is High Definition, you're not going to see Blue-Ray HD DVD quality unless you're creating true HD movies and exporting them to an HD DVD (like blue ray) or through an HD cable direct to your TV.

Also- Unless you're creating Widescreen Projects when you're using Premiere, you'll be creating a 4:3 ("normal") ratio slideshow which is being displayed on a 16:9 ratio ("widescreen") tv set. This means that, depending on the TV settings, you'll either be stretching the image across the tv horizontally, cutting off bits and enlarging it to "fit", or simply watching it with black bars on the sides, with your normal 4:3 video in the middle.

Hopefully one of these is answering your question. Let us know!

Firstly, sorry everone for the two posts on the same subject i had a browser problem when i posted and did not realise that i had two posts.

I have been working on this all day and have achieved some reasonable results, but i do have a problem with the widescreen settings. i have digital still pictures and a widescreen TV and as you said i either have black lines down the side when using 4:3 settings or wide objects in in widescreen mode so how do i overcome that i assume there must be something in the settings.

1. Do i resize my pictures in adobe for widescreen.
    2. Select widescreen for the project in premiere.
    3. Burn the DVD in DVDpro in widescreen

Or all Three or combination of the above

One more question, do in de-interlace the picture in adobe i seem to think that you do not as the picture will be viewed on TV(CRT) PAL

Quote Originally Posted by paulos01 View Post
    Hi

I am a newbie to video editing other than trying to find a program that will produce slideshows to watch on TV.

I am using Adobe premiere pro, this is the program i am led to believe that will get the results. i would like to create a slideshow to watch on my widescreen TV (PAL). i have tried other programs and so far with a little help from reading forums have obtained the best results so far with premiere although i am not convinced that i cannot do better, the technique at the moment is to import pictures into photoshop crop and resize de-interlace and apply a 0.2 pixel gausian blur.

The question

You can first convert your slideshows to dvd, then you will be able to watch it on TV.

Paulo I would set a widescreen project and adjusting setting, choosing scale to framezise or whatever it says there and then import my images into premiere, remember the first thing is choosing the setting you want .
    Then I would put them in the timeline and they would fill all screen .
    If it is only pictures you can set a 25p instead of a 25i project and it may look better.
    Also if all you want is a slideshow you can do it in adobe encore if you have it off course .
    Or name sound like portuguese,where are you from ?
    Visit my portuguese blog :
    http://rdinis_video.blogs.sapo.pt

Quote Originally Posted by paulos01 View Post
    Hi

The question

The internet has significantly transformed our lives in recent years. Broadband internet service has made it possible to view a wide range TV channels using our PCs. Watching online TV is...
    Program for Viewing TV On Your Pc