Thread: How to apply shopping channel text?

Default How to apply shopping channel text?

I am making a QVC (one of those shopping channels) spoof and I wanted to know the easiest way I can put that text box (with the price, phone #, etc.) on the side and the rolling bar on the bottom on top of my video. I am using the lastest Sony Vegas but I wouldn't mind using something else. Thank you.

Blog Entries

Dont know if this is the best way as I have never really done this - but i have just tried the following and it works but someone else may suggest a better way...

Make a really long thin jpeg of the text.

Use event pan / crop with 2 key frames, one a section to far left, other a same size section on right.

Use track motion to position on bottom of screen.

This method may be limited lenghwise, I tried it with a pic 12,000 pix wide and it worked ok.

Blog Entries

Oh - and make sure you post the film in user vids - sounds like it could be good! I love spoofs.

Thank you I will try that. I still am very new to vegas so I'll see if I can get it working, I think I understand what you are talking about. Here is the video that my project will be based on

Oh and here is a somewhat spoof I did that you might enjoy. It was a rush, improv, one take only project but it turned out to be pretty funny. My friend had to do all the editing for a computer class so its a little sloppy.

Also, is their any program (maybe Vegas?) that I could easily make like a magic spark comet thing shoot across the screen?
    Last edited by sarges123; 04-22-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Download a 30 day trial version (fully working - no watermarks etc) of Particle Illusion SE, I have a link to it in the Forum Announcements section, look for Free Stuff. I can't guarantee you will find exactly what you are looking for but it is very good at creating effects like the one you mention.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sarges123 View Post
    I am making a QVC (one of those shopping channels) spoof and I wanted to know the easiest way I can put that text box (with the price, phone #, etc.) on the side and the rolling bar on the bottom on top of my video. I am using the lastest Sony Vegas but I wouldn't mind using something else. Thank you.

For your best solutions - using Watermark Master! Very simple and quick you can insert any objects to video clip - text, rectangle, animation, or video.

http://www.videocharge.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sarges123 View Post

hey there. I did it with some credit rolls. here's an example:

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

To do in Vegas see.. scrolling text ( I assume you have the full blown version)
    Sony Creative Software - Forums - Vegas - Video Messages

VASST : Search Results

Lower Thirds (V8 pro)
    Create animated lower thirds in Sony Vegas Pro8 with the ProTyle titler