Thread: Sony PD150

Default Sony PD150

I have rented a camera for a University project the above Sony PD150P I have recorded some footage yesterday and watched the tape back today to find everything I shot has huge white horizontal bars going across it. I thought at first it was the tape so I bought a new tape and the same thing happened when I recorded some footage. I reset the camera and did the same thing but again these bars tottally destroyed the image. The only thing I can think it is, is the LCD but the viewfinder itself still shows the colour bars, just to make this clear these bars only appear on recorded footage they are not seen when actually filming. Anyone have any clues or is this a job for the Sony to sort out.

It sounds to me like the heads need cleaning or are out of alignment. Have a look in the menu and see what the head time is.

You can put a head cleaning tape in and run for 10 secs.

If it clears up, check the play back from time to time to see if it is occuring again.

Vobes